1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Easy fkn decision. Pick Houston. Say I do Lebron.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If LeBron played the 4 in the high post offense, at age 34, he might be the best PF of all time on a year-by-year basis. It might also extend his career, unless he's banging around more. But who bangs around anymore?

3. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

He did say that right toward the end of the season or early playoffs.

Bids9 likes this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is pretty big news. San Antonio hung up the phone on LA and LeBron wants to play off ball. Who's gonna handle the ball in LA if it's just LBJ and PG13?

DonKnock and Fullcourt like this.
  5. UrbanEnterprise

Playing with Kawhi and George means he's still gonna run the point.

But with Houston :eek::eek:

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) Ryan Anderson has to be in the trade to make it work (unless we are folding in a sign and trade of Capela or Ariza)
    2) After Ryno you have to include EITHER Gordon or Tucker
    3) Filler after that is whatever else you want

If we deal Gordon for a pick tonight without taking salary back then there's no combination of players currently on the roster that can be aggregated to deal for Lebron that I can see without including PJ Tucker. Now it's also possible I guess that we trade Gordon for a pick but it doesn't get finalized until July so that we can combine those deals at that time.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Bima said the Mozgov + 2 picks for Howard trade will consummate after July 1st, which means it had nothing to do with getting them below Tax level this year (2017-2018 season). (They were only $2m over the tax-line, anyhow, with $0 payment.) And it's doubtful it has anything to do with taxes in 2019, because they are predicted to be barely over again, and have plenty of other moves to get under, if they so choose.

I've recalibrated my reasons for the trade ... they had to get rid of Howard, maybe to keep Kemba happy. And they thought 2 picks was a good haul in return for kicking Dwight out of their lockerroom.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...t-spurs-had-no-further-dialogue-kawhi-leonard

The Los Angeles Lakers contacted the San Antonio Spurs after Kawhi Leonard's public trade request last week but immediately felt the Spurs had no intention of engaging in any dialogue, sources close to the situation told ESPN.

As one Lakers source put it, "They basically shut the door on us."

No players were discussed and, as ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday, there has been no further dialogue between the teams.

Leonard has expressed a preference to be traded to Los Angeles, specifically the Lakers.

However when the Lakers called to express interest in Leonard, they were given the distinct impression the Spurs had no interest in doing business with them, according to sources.

9. justtxyank

[​IMG]

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

The Big Baller!

11. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

If we deal gordon and dont take salary back then it will free up cash. So we cannot send cash with ryno and fillers?

12. justtxyank

No it doesn't work that way.

As an over the cap team we'd have to trade out enough salaries to be within the required threshold. Basically we have to send out salaries (real contracts, not cash) of around $30 million to absorb Lebron. Not exactly 30 but use that number for easy rounding.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

UNLESS it's a three-team deal. Morey knows this.

I don't know why people haven't thought about this. There are ways to make it happen.

14. justtxyank

I think I said that?

It would have to be folded into a Lebron deal. However, if we make a deal TONIGHT that sends out Gordon and it is finalized, meaning Gordon is gone and we take back the picked player, I don't think we can fold that into a deal later on. But sure, we could structure it as a 3 team deal if we have all parties on board.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

@itsoktobealone

[​IMG]

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hey Lonzo

Itsoktobealone

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yeah, you basically said it. I think that's the route to go in my eyes.

18. Bids9

Bids9 Member

To me this is the biggest thing we got going for ourselves. LeBron wants to play till his kid comes to the league? In Houston he can take nights off, they all can share duties around resting up for the crunch time of the year. To prolong LeBrons career he can’t play the minutes he did last year, he just can’t. Harden will be the workhorse still and CP3 and LeBron will be the extra class.

Just gotta find a way to get him here

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I wouldn't do this as I've said many times, but we could trade Gordon for a first rounder in next year's draft, that gives us 2 picks to send out. Then send Ryno, Tucker, Nene out for LeBron with one pick going to Cleveland, the other pick going to the 3rd team that takes Ryno. Sign Tyreke with the tax payer MLE to replace Gordon.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member