1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Member

CyberX- do you think we will bring back GG??

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Morey going back in with his 2009 Draft fetish.

Thabeet, Flynn, TWill, Hill, Toney Douglas, Casspi, Carroll, Clark, Lawson and Harden.

Evans would be amazing, especially if Gordon has to be used in a trade to get assets or star.

Butler would be a great alternative if George and LBJ choose elsewhere. Sucks that he isn’t really a shooter but he brings toughness that would be amazing on a team with CP3 and Tucker.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Some very interesting comments from Butler and his agent since the end of the season:

http://www.startribune.com/trading-andrew-wiggins-is-timberwolves-best-bet/480951011/

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...olves-should-be-recruiting-butler-agent-says/

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I will add that Tilman did not buy the franchise without understanding the payroll implications for at least 5 years going forward in the future. That is his biggest cost. Also, he needs the organization to appreciate in value in all directions to capitalize on this acquisition. The luxury tax is a very real concern but is it for the right players. Luxury tax for Ryno? Hell no. Luxury tax to make money? Absolutely. Championships and LBJ could add more than $1B to the valuation and Tilman needs that to happen as quickly as possible. I don't think on a $2B+ purchase anyone would have been that shortsighted. I am watching the media complain for the Cavs about the officiating in Game 1&2 but say nothing at all about rigged Games 6&7. Very telling.

5. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Lakers fan & Posts on Clutchfans? must be AZN

brosef likes this.
  6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I don't see the pieces for a MIN trade besides Gordon.

saleem likes this.
  7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Oh my, the DEING contract is terrible...I rather keep Ryno than take on that DEING.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

My opinion:

Lebron to Houston makes a lot of sense, 35% chance seems about right, with the Colangelo situation, probably 40-45%. His chance of going to LA depends on what moves they make, just PG and or Boogie probably wouldn’t be enough to win in the West.. all this assuming they lose the finals.

PG to LA has always been a lock, i know if winning matters to him, it doesn’t make that much sense, but it’s an obsession for him and i’m not doubting that. I’d give it a 90% chance. Don’t think Kawhi gets moved this offseason.

The Butler tidbit is interesting, I think it’s a solid backup plan if Lebron doesn’t come, gives us another all star who’s younger than LBJ. Butler’s durability would be much better here due the amount of work Harden puts in on the offense.

I honestly think Capela gets matched whether Bron comes or not. If we strikeout in the offseason, we’ll still up until the deadline to make a move.

sammy likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Agree... people "passing" on Clint wanting to make a name for himself/step out from Harden's shadow are stu---silly.

What Clint has done this season was unbelievable. He also had little to ZERO plays called for him, and he's shown some ability in post (footwork, shooting touch)

He has the option to join THE L A K E R S who WILL get better and acquire superstar talent. To get a chance to be apart of that, living in LA, with a MAX contract? Hell yeah.

I'm a Rockets fan through and through but reality is: That scenario and Clint's mindset is a LEGIT possibility.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jimmy would be amazing. Too bad he doesn't rep Houston..only Tomball.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

LOL!!!

I love CF so much.

You guys make this so fun.
    Keep it coming!

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I love Clint. Such a fun player. Rarely talked about how AMAZING his hands are for a big. Best big hands I can remember since probably Hakeem. He catches everything, whether high or low.

That said, even with the ability to occasionally score on a post up... actively and regularly calling offensively plays for Clint Capela outside of screens and rolls and the like would be a bad idea for most NBA teams.

MghtyPtrck likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@cyberx any news regarding Eric Gordon?

I know in another thread another insider @Nook said EG open to a different role.

Gut feeling you think he's on the roster next year???

And what about Ryan Anderson? You think Rockets can trade him and find a partner?

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Keep in mind it's not like they gave up a ton to acquire him in the first place. Dunn, LaVine, and moving back from 8 to 16 isn't a star package.

Gordon, Nene, and the 2019 1st gives them a future pick along with present assets. Not great, but I could see that appealing to Thibs, and if Butler scares off interest around the league the way PG did this time a year ago... who knows.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. aroundtheblock2

So they have Chandler on the hook for $13.85 million next season, Marquese Chriss who they just drafted, and Dragan Bender, and now they're going to offer Capela the max?

They'll have $50+ million of cap space tied up into one position? THEN they'll also draft DeAndre Ayton? What in the hell?

don grahamleone and sammy like this.
  17. cyberx

cyberx Member

Ryno is tough... The thing is, what young asset can you attach? Picks? Rockets are good, their picks are high, just tough situation.

18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would think dumping DEING is their goal if they decide to trade Butler. We all dump on Ryno but at least he helps you win regular season games. I don't know what DEING does well

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jimmy Butler? Now I have to back up and read more of this thread. I'm sure he'd love to play near home but whither the cap space?

OK, there it is.

That is so good. Whenever the Mavs fail, an angel gets his or her wings.

#279 ROXTXIA, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Obito likes this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I kind of feel like it was a ton.

I get that it's hard to really judge because one player can impact winning more than mutliple others just putting up stats.

But Lavine is still 22 and was "solid" enough coming back from injury. Not good, but understandably rust and just needs to get efficiency back you. Dunn wasn't good when they moved him, but not surprisingly was much better once moved. Better on a crappy team, with still bad efficiency, but better. And moving down 9 spots ... obviously every draft is different and depends on who is drafted. Lauri himself is solid with upside. But there were other solid gets in there.

I get that it wasn't a huge package to trade for an all nba talent.

But I think it would be pretty disappointing to fans and the organization to have turned a potentially really good youth movement into basically Eric Gordon...