1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. aroundtheblock2

I think everyone is freaking out way too much about CP3. I don't see much of a drop off at all and I think getting lebron will give his health even more hope.

Too many people are predicting him to fall off a cliff.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Aah. Yeah I'm under the assumption the Lebron dream is dead.
    Lebron is not coming here guaranteed! (I said the same about Chris Paul last summer so just play along)

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This thread is out of control, we need moar cyber fluid (sauces) to keep this baby going.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. aroundtheblock2

You're still short on money and Frye is an unrestricted free agent.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

My bad on the Frye thing. Thought he had one year but trade machine is not updated.
    But I'm right about the Ennis thing.
    Kuzma + Lonzo + Ingram + Ennis + Zubac for Kawhi definitely works.

6. aroundtheblock2

You do that if you're the Spurs?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wouldn't. I know you don't get real value when you trade a star, but I would just refuse to accept that.

You have a year left with Kawhi. Someone wants to offer you premium picks or a truly elite talent prospect, ok, otherwise no.

Maybe the league sees Lonzo differently than I do, but I see him as a nothing in the trade. Rich man's Elfrid Payton. Kuzma I like but not an elite talent, more like high level role player. Ingram I'm not a big fan of either. I'm just not in love with any of the prospects you are sending so no, I'm holding Kawhi.

8. aroundtheblock2

I mean, he's just trying to match contracts, but Kawhi's value could in reality be closer to what a supermax is ($35 million +). Spurs want to get at least $25 million worth in return.

I would do that deal if the Lakers threw in a few 1st round picks as well. If the Spurs deal with the Lakers in any capacity they must get the better end of the deal.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The problem if your San Antonio is that you have to act like if you trade Kawhi to the Lakers they are adding Lebron. So what value do their first round picks really bring?

10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

What better offer is actually out there, especially if Kawhi is telling everyone he's just a one-year rental? Ingram and Lonzo are blue-chip prospects (though I imagine Lonzo would be routed to a third team, maybe PHX).

Do you think BOS, LAC or PHI are willing to beat LAL's offer, especially without assurances from Kawhi?

Vivi likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Boston or Philly? Probably not. The Clippers? Absolutely. If he's willing to go to the Lakers now based on the future, I think the Clippers would be able to sell him on a future there once he's in the building.

jch1911 likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

All rumors say the teams you mentioned are ready to trade for him. You also overrate the LA package. How do they match salary since SA won't want Deng's contract?

And you don't need an insurance for next year. Lakers can't sign him unless they punt on this offseason spending.

13. aroundtheblock2

I'm not sure who is offering what, too many people seem way too focused on what the Lakers are offering. I guess its all the media reports as they seem to struggle to care about any other offers outside of the Lakers...They only said Lakers were ONE of his preferred destinations, not the ONLY destination. Some even said the Clippers might be even more attractive to Kawhi than the Lakers and we really don't know what the Clippers are willing to offer yet but supposedly they are trying to get a deal together. Maybe take off your Lakers glasses for a bit.

Who says Kawhi wouldnt strongly consider signing with those teams after his contract is up? You're still assuming its Lakers or bust and the Spurs have to be ripped off . Its a Lakers fantasy world. The Lakers bullshit is exhausting me and it makes me strongly hope they get no one over the offseason and have to suffer through another year of Lavar Ball.

I also want to say I think the Spurs want nothing to do with Lavar Ball, are you kidding me after all the Kawhi's uncle ****? I wouldn't touch Lavar Ball before the Kawhi uncle ****.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. aroundtheblock2

I'll be honest, I think discussing any Kawhi to the Lakers trade is a waste of time. There have multiple reports that SA isn't willing to deal with LAL and we know from Pop's past that he isn't big at all on dealing within the conference.

I don't think Kawhi ever sees the inside of a Lakers uniform the next 12 months. If he goes West, I think he goes to Jerry West Clippers.

luckyman76 likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Bill Simmons is washed up has been

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And supposedly, Jerry West is dedicating all his time and resources to figuring out a trade that will appease the Spurs.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ohhh, brother...

18. aroundtheblock2

Lol, took me a sec.

xiki likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CP3 was mvp of the series vs gsw, rs and the playoffs

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well nobody's going to offer a true, bonafide all-star/super-star type player.

You don't think Ingram or Kuzma are transformational enough. Cool. Understood. The next step up from that is a Mitchell, Simmons or Tatum type.
    Sorry, but none of those teams would trade those players for Kawhi. I don't think they'd do it if Kawhi was openly interested in signing long-term... they're certainly not going to do it for a Kawhi that has his eyes set West.

So the other option would be some of these near all-star or disgruntled all-star types. I guess a John Wall. Or a Kemba Walker. AGAIN... they super high risk of non-resigning makes these non-starters. Closest might be Demar Derozan. I could see Toronto moving on from Demar just because he disappointing so much in the playoffs. Still... I think the Raptors would rather get back talent guaranteed to stay there past 1 year. And even with the playoff disappointment, Demar has 3 years left on a contract, so probably could get more back in return.

So now what about a top pick. In this draft, you really want a top 3 pick. There were some silly rumors maybe they'd consider it, but no, of course those teams won't. Kawhi is a flight risk.

Can a Boston put together a better package without Tatum? Sure. Can maybe the Knicks put together a somewhat intriguing package? I guess if they included Porzingis.

But ultimately, Ingram is a 20 year old putting up 16,5 and 4 with an ok TS%, Kuzma is the same just 22 instead of 20, and Ball is a uniquely cerebral player that probably becomes a good shooter in San Antonio somehow... but definitely comes with the Lavar headache.

To me, it seems about as good an offer as they'll get. They might not do it because its the Lakers, in conference, they want to keep waiting, whatever. Just can't envision a much better offer coming along.

don grahamleone and joshuaao like this.