1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Another way of thinking about the Capela situation: Does anyone really think his market value would get worse between July 2018 and February 2019, assuming he's playing with Chris Paul and James Harden?

What I mean by that is this: If teams see Capela as worthy of a max investment this summer, I'm pretty sure they would next February, too. So worst-case scenario, even if there's no LeBron/PG and you're skittish about whether the "run it back" group would have Houston as a legit contender... if it's not working out, you could probably trade Capela to a team like Phoenix during the season (even if they don't directly have enough cap space, they have plenty of expirings in Chandler, Dudley, Williams, etc.), and probably get at least one positive asset (draft pick?) out of the deal as well.

I just can't see any scenario (full max included) where it makes any sense for Houston to keep Chris Paul and let Capela walk this summer, short of Fertitta panicking over dollars at the last second... and I'm pretty confident that Daryl and Tad have worked him through all the various financials for months now.

#241 The Cat, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rockets are really high on Tyreke Evans - just was told. Expect him and the Rockets to hold a good convo.

3. HTM

HTM Member

For sure. I appreciate you and what you do man. I was just thinking Lebron doesn't seem like the type of guy who would be willing to play in the NBA and not seriously compete for titles. If he went to the Lakers, they would obviously be good because Lebron is amazing but I don't think they would be be very competitive with the GSW.

4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Not a bad EGO replacement. Not bad at all.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Tyreke would be awesome off the bench......especially if we're losing Gordon in a trade.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Where are they going to get the money for Kawhi, Lebron and PG? Pops isn't going to trade Kawhi to a Western Conference rival either.

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Hard to find. Most the time the crazy out shines the good. See Josh Smith.
    [​IMG]

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's not that we don't want to hear about Kawhi to LAL. It's just that we know that Pop is not doing to do a deal with LA.

He will look to trade him out East and it's also in the best interests of the NBA for that to happen esp if Lebron comes to Houston (balance). That's a moot point if the NBA decides to do playoff re-seeding.

9. saleem

If he comes cheap, that's all right. I would rather go for Mike Scott first. PJ needs a backup. He was exhausted at the end of Game 7. RA unfortunately is useless.

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Ty Evans as the 4th gaurd on this team (including cp3, Harfen, Ego) would be filthy! would have beaten the warriors in 5 with Him and healthy luc and cp3 tbh

HTX Ninja and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

IMO Tyreke Evans is going to get paid.

19/5/5 while shooting 40% from 3, yeah he ain't coming for the MLE.

Little Bit, amaru and topfive like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you tell us what Max Kellerman will say next?

Please steal us the script for the next show. Will he say something opposite of Stephen A?

dreamshakin likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

tyreke evans? the same guy who has played in only 30% of all possible games in the last 4 years. no thanks

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Thanks for making this boring Monday work day into a not boring Monday work day. Got me jacked up for off season

15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Eric gordon gone

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Just because you read one report that said POP doesn't want to trade with LA doesn't mean it does not happen. Not saying it does either, but you are an idiot of a GM if you do not go out there and try to get the best value in a trade. Its a business.

17. The Cat

I don't think there are enough minutes for Evans (considering he'll have options) if Gordon is here. Yes, in theory you could run more three-guard sets... but ultimately, using two out of Ariza, Luc, Tucker, etc. was very important to the team's defensive success. That said, Evans is a great EG replacement if Gordon departs in a LeBron/PG deal. Still think it's a longshot that he'd sign for Taxpayer MLE money, but at 29 years old and with most teams not having cap room, who knows?

The Butler scenario @cyberx mentioned is interesting. That's something I keep coming back to... LeBron and PG are the obvious candidates to go after because they appear set to enter FA, but there's probably going to be 1 or 2 stars on the trade market in June (much like Butler/George a year ago) who shake free because teams get nervous about the possibility of them leaving in a year for no compensation. Minnesota seems like a team on paper that's on the upswing... but there have been reports that there are internal conflicts with Towns. If they can't get a straight answer from Butler about his intention to re-sign in 2019 (and traditionally Minny is not a hotbed for FAs), a package starting with Gordon, Nene, and a 2019 1st could be enough to at least start a conversation.

18. The Cat

Keep in mind Evans could only get 1 year, $3M last summer in a year where he was younger and more teams had cap room, and he was only one season removed from averaging 15/7/5 in 2016. And at the deadline this year, no one was willing to give up the 1st rounder that Memphis sought. Not even a low one.

I do think that Evans increased his value to where he'll have offers above the Taxpayer MLE... but I don't think 52 games of one season pushed the offers so high that it's impossible. It's a longshot, but with CP and Harden, it's not implausible.

19. saleem

Probably so. Has he improved on defense too?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cyberx > Max Kellerman

Bobsputin likes this.