1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1986 NBA finals: Rockets vs Celtics.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legend215, Aug 5, 2013.

1. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

... Game 6 On NBA TV tonight @ 10:00 central
    Yeah, I know we lost but still ;)

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn I was only a few months old when this happened.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

the best power foward in the post vs the best center in the post lol

4. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

They also showed off McHale's 56 point game. Monster in the low post, good to see some of those 80's games being shown

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is so funny how Mchale gave autographs to Houston fans with "Houston sucks" marks on them. And no he is coaching for Rockets. lol

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

It was sad to watch Mchale abuse Sampson in the post. Hakeem was a one man wrecking crew that finals and sent legitimate fear throughout the NBA after the series.

7. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

In watching these old school games, I do think that players back then weren't as talented as they are today. You see too many errors that you wouldn't see in the game today, the shots that players took weren't as efficient, and you see guards that can't dribble proficiently with either hand.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The point guard play and perimeter shot selection of this game was terrible. Akeem dominated three steals in a row.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm sure the skillsets would adapt to the game changing.

Obviously, you either change, or the next person off the bench replaces you in the starting lineup.

10. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

I went and watched 2 games of that series. I remember we made a huge comeback and looked to be maybe taking it with 2 minutes left. Then Bird took the pass near the corner and dribble once and step behind the 3 point line and drilled it. It broke our back and the whole arena knew it and went quiet. I was sitting near the bottom and it happened in front of me. It hurt real bad but now it is just a memory.

11. SSP365

SSP365 Member

horrible coaching screwed us in that series. horrible coaching has been a never ending plague on this rocket franchise even when we were winning titles.