1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

19 Years Later, Same S*** Every Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sledge187, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Ever since we won our last title, same stuff every year!!!
    * injured stars
    * losing at home to bad teams
    * Getting bounced in the 1st round

Can we trade for Scola and get him back.

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yea! Lets go back to the Kevin Martin, Scola, Chuck Hayes at center, and Kyle Lowry being our best player in a tough western conference days! Sign me up!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

What's that familiar saying, maybe next year! ;)

Oh, I was talking about Scola! Maybe next year because they can't acquire him this year.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

We definitely need some frontcourt help. What I've seen from Black (who is still young) and Dorsey (who is not still young) doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hey, Kyle Lowry is a better leader than James Harden on the court. hands down

He and his Raptors just beat MEM. I never know what'll I get with Harden's ISOs.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The last 4 games have been the worst that I've seen the Rockets play and I've been following them since 2008.

Those Lowry-Scola-Hayes teams played better than those Philly and OKC games.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Congrats!! You win dumbass of the day award!

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rockets are 9-1 with Harden and Howard on the floor, I'd just chill out for a while

9. Tyler Hyellie

Tyler Hyellie Member

11 games in and already throwing in the towel?

sounds reasonable.

Hate to tell you boss, but we're going to lose a few more. And probably to teams that we "should" beat. It happens to everybody in every sport.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Terrence Jones can be a much better player than Scola, who came in as a seasoned veteran during his rookie year because he was like 28 and played 10 years overseas

11. CertifiedTroll

Just like clockwork ****ty fans complain after every loss. If you are using the forum bored to vent, just make a post don't create a whole thread for this.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah... we beat some crappy and half injured roster teams during that stretch. No chilling out. I said this from the beginning. We are one major injury to Howard or Harden away from missing the playoffs.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We can get Jones and Howard back and still lose when it matters in the playoffs if Howard and Harden don't mature as leaders and players on this team. These guys are spoiled and play as if they have all the answers to understanding what to do to win championships. Bottom line is they don't and Mchale doesn't have what it takes to get into these guys heads and hearts to go to that higher level of dedication, maturity and will to win.

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

So are most other teams. One injury is all it takes.

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Isn't it obvious to everyone that this city is cursed?

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Morey's money ball numbers don't lie.

"You may not look like a winning team...but you are one. So, play like it tonite."

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I wonder if the Spurs' board was in full panic mode when they lost to us that game when they sat Duncan and Ginobili?

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

19 years later, this kind of moronic thread always find its way here after each Rockets loss.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The 790 radio guys are afraid if Dwight's and TJ's injuries turn out to be lingering throughout the season.

Here we go again ...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I"m guessing not. In 1996, I honestly believed the Rockets were going to come back from down 3-0 to the Sonics because recent history had me thinking they were unbeatable.

The context here and among San Antonio fans is vastly different..and rightfully so given recent history.