1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

19-Year-Old Arrested For Movie "Piracy"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

obviously this is an overreaction, manager could have just looked at the camera clip, heard the story and been done with it. if you see a whole movie starting from the beginning then you take further action.

what she did was stupid but the potential penalty is far too strict. most likely she gets off with nothing but atleast she's learned a lesson. win, win.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

its like someone stealing $20 bucks froma guys safe that has one million...sure you could let him give it back with out punishment but you certainly are within your rights to charge. Given how much legit piracy goes on i dont doubt the theatres vigilance.

that said, i wouldnt be surprised for her to get a very light slap on the wrist...maybe just community service.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Need to see her modeling some of her employer's lingerie offerings before I can render an opinion on this case. Silk black corset and stockings would be fine.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

What an obscure reference.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it was a bit excessive. It was just 20 seconds, but at the same time I thought it was a lame excuse.

If it was a "prescreening" then I would kinda understand. I went to a screening of Taldega Nights last year like 2-3 days before it came out. They searched me and said to put my phone in my car because it camera capabilities, in which I kinda understood because it was an advance screening. But in this case, this is just ludacris.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Cute, but stupid.

Not too bright to hold up a friggin' video camera in a movie theater. Quality would have been ****ty, trailers would do a much better job, her 'excuse' is pretty idiotic.

And it also would have annoyed the **** out of me if I was in a theater and someone in front of me started doing that.

Punishment is probably excessive, but sometimes doing dumb things gets that result.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Perhaps, but what if said flea market is just like a mini-mall? Hey, hey!

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sometimes seifeld is too obvious

Jerry: What are you, crazy? I don't want to see this guy again.

Kramer: Jerry, you did him a favor. He probably wants to come up and thank you.

Jerry: What if I didn't do it right?

Kramer: It's your first time. He'll understand.

Jerry: People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many

misunderstandings.

% Brody enters

Kramer: Hey, Brody!

Jerry: Hi.

Brody: Jerry, I have to talk to you about the tape.

Jerry: Yeah.

Brody: I've never seen such beautiful work. You're a genius. The zoom-ins, the

framing. I was enchanted.

Jerry: Well, I did the best I could.

Brody: I got another project for you. It's a movie called Cry Cry Again. I was gonna give it to one of my other guys, but it's an arty movie and quite frankly, they don't have the sensibility.

% Brody's beeper sounds

Brody: May I use your phone?

Kramer: Uh yeah. It's under the couch.

% Brody exits to Kramer's apartment.

Kramer: Look at you! You've got another gig!

Jerry: I don't want another gig! I'm not doin' this.

Kramer: But you have a gift. Jerry, this is not your little comedy act. We're

talkin' feature films.

Jerry: We're talkin' federal crime here.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

She's hot and committed a crime. She'll probably pay a fine. What's the problem?

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

a bay bay

#50 KaiSeR SoZe, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Who is to say she hadn't done this before..........and was warned before?

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm surprised she didn't kill them with her trusty Klingon sword.

13. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I think it's hilarious for someone to be so stupid to try and record inside the theater and not expect this to happen. Complete ignorance on her part. Jail time and a huge fine may be excessive, but I hope this article will atleast alert those who read it to show them that bringing a recording device inside a theater will not be tolerated. Technology has replaced common sense.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I walking into a store. . . and take some candy and just eat it . . and don't pay for it.

If they arrested me for shoplifting. . . can i say . .well it was only a peice of candy?

She was dumb . . and this should help her not be dumb again

Rocket River

15. Astro101

Astro101 Member

It was dumb to record something in a movie theatre. Big no-no.

Do like the rest of us do. Download it on the net!

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is the best response so far. when you see someone taping a movie in a theater, you dont think, "oh maybe shes only recording a 20 second clip for her brother"

if you are the manager, you call the cops..

confronting the girl and telling her to stop does nothing. she still has the footage and to get her to delete it would cause a whole raucous in the theater. the manager let the cops do the work, and they did the right thing...

dumbasses shouldnt be taping clips of movies in theaters, is the bottom line here... how do we know her intentions were true?

and quite honestly, I cant remember the last time I illegally downloaded music. it may have been 2003. I think Itunes is a great example of how the industry battled music piracy, and now they offer full episodes of TV shows, they are being proactive.

the movie industry needs to catch up with the digital age and find ways for people to enjoy films without having to shell out $10-$12 sometimes only to be distracted by loud talking, cell phone ringing , inconsiderate rudeness...

17. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

Here come the fuzz...

18. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Why the heck is recording a movie in a movie theater criminal? If the theater has a problem with it, they should sue her. The criminal courts are clogged with enough real problems than to play bully for the MPAA.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bringing a camcorder to a theater and using it is extreme stupidity. Much like stuffing your suitcase with toy bombs or mentioning terrorism in an airport.

For the same reason printing money is illegal.

20. RedRaiderRocket

The real question who is dumb enough to bring a cam corder or camera into a movie theater to begin with. I don't buy the 20 second recording thing, probably just the amount of time before they were caught.