1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

19 TV Shows You Discovered Too Late to Save

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Eric Riley, Sep 6, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you'll realize why it was cancelled once you finish seeing it...I have to catch up on the last 1 and a half seasons, but that's enough to know they couldnt drag it out forever.

Same can be said for Prison Break. I really liked that show and thought they could have put together at least one more season before it got too cheesy, but didnt happen.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

The cast of Saved By The Bell grew up too soon. I wish they would've stayed like 15 years old forever. That show was the bestest.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

First show I thought of was Jericho. The second was Firefly, and only because I've heard so many people talk about it, mostly here.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I discovered AD too late.

Ed is one of my favorite all time shows, and I watched it from the first episode through the finale. I wish it would hit DVD, but there's some complications with song licensing as I understand it.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

That show was really good, too bad they canceled early.
    I recommend this, I watched it when it was the original airing.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lost was not cancelled, it was planned for 6 seasons and ended

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust is the funniest show I've ever seen.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Also, I loved FlashForward, it's a shame ABC decided to keep that piece of crap "V" instead

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Technically the plan wasnt from the start. The ending date was agreed on once the show was already a few seasons old...maybe cancelled was the wrong word to use, but i meant it was ended for a reason, so "saving" it wasn't really a possibility.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I read that actually was the plan from the start, but ABC made them milk it, at the end of season 3, they allowed the show to set and end date, which was 3 seasons from then.

11. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

How is Kings not on anyone's list?

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Gargoyles wasn't saved, whoever was in charge was changed, and we ended up with the decent, but very different goliath chronicles. It's the case with a lot of these shows, they're partly so good because they were made with a definitive lifespan, instead of gradually (or some cases immediately) jumping the shark. Heroes could have been 1 season and been perfect. Airbender was 3 seasons and closed, despite it's success (movie was a shark jump though).

Andy Richter and Andy Barker PI are two I really liked.

Firefly on Bluray will be the Amazon deal of the day on September 12. People are guessing around 24 bucks, so great time and way to get into it.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Has anyone said "Playmakers" on ESPN yet? That show was pretty great. ESPN should be ashamed

14. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Soap. All you young folks who think Arrested Development got cut short, should really take a trip and visit the show that inspired it (also cut PAINFULLY short).

Strip Mall. R.I.P.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What, you wanted them to break out of prison again? The first season was far and away the best... it lost it's appeal once they were out of initial prison.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They only broke out of prison twice, the final season (which was the best since the first) was more about a heist. But I am happy with the way it ended, it actually had one of the best series finales I have seem in a long time. I never expected Michael to die in the end

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Arrested Development. One of the most funniest and original shows I've ever watched. 3 seasons went by so fast :(

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Arrested Development (obviously)

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was a great show. I think the problem was that NBC came out with two other very popular shows around the same time, Heroes and 30 Rock, so viewers latched on to those and didn't really give Studio 60 a chance. I definitely recommend people watch Studio 60 if they get a chance; Netflix recently added it to their streaming catalog.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I've been watching Prison Break on netflix lately. I'm through the first two seasons, both of which I liked. I didn't watch it regularly when it was on because it conflicted with another show I watch.

I'm glad I knew about Michael before reading your post, otherwise I would be upset right now.