1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

17 year old Bristol Palin is knocked up!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bejezuz, Sep 1, 2008.

1. killer instinct

If clintons BJ was immoral what is a 17 year old getting pregnant before she is married? Oh she's 17? These people go to church right? I know people are imperfect but her mother does represent the religious right, correct?

just wondering............ :)

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

man nothing can come close to the coverage of what bill clinton did. that was EPIC.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Has Bill Clinton been ruled out as the father ?

I'm not afraid to ask the tough questions.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Has anyone pointed out the hilarious Bill O'Reilly hypocrisy that came out last night?

5. t_mac1

what happened?

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What did he say?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My mistake. Went back and re-read the transcript and he was pissed at the Daily Kos site for the "story" about Palin not actually being pregnant, but he did admit that her daughter being pregnant now is a legitimate story. Of course, we'll see if he is as tough on the Palin's as he was on Jamie Lynn Spears' mom when she got pregnant.

8. rocketanalyist

I wonder how many republicans made a big deal out of that story?

9. t_mac1

he won't. however, he just laughed with karl rove about calling biden a "blowhard doofus" and then smirks with passion when karl rove says biden is basically stupid about national policy without any retorts? fair and balanced? right bill

10. sook

sook Rookie

bill isn't nearly as bad as Hannity.

That neocon blowhard makes me feel like setting my tv on fire.

The other day the guy said this... i couldn't believe my eyes:

"Palin has mroe experience than Barack Obama could ever dream of."

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Palin Slashed Fund for Teenage Mothers

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/th...lin_slashed_funding_to_help.html?hpid=artslot

ST. PAUL -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee who revealed Monday that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, earlier this year used her line-item veto to slash funding for a state program benefiting teen mothers in need of a place to live.

After the legislature passed a spending bill in April, Palin went through the measure reducing and eliminating funds for programs she opposed. Inking her initials on the legislation -- "SP" -- Palin reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers.

According to Passage House's web site, its purpose is to provide "young mothers a place to live with their babies for up to eighteen months while they gain the necessary skills and resources to change their lives" and help teen moms "become productive, successful, independent adults who create and provide a stable environment for themselves and their families."

Palin's own daughter, Bristol, is five months pregnant and has plans to wed.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," Palin said in a statement released by the McCain campaign. "We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy, as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."

Earlier today the Associated Press reported that Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, opposed funding to prevent teen pregnancies, a position that Palin also took as governor. "The explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support," she wrote in a 2006 questionnaire distributed among gubernatorial candidates.

Reporters asked McCain in November 2007 whether he supported grants for sex education in the United States, whether such programs should include directions for using contraceptives and whether he supports President Bush's policy of promoting abstinence.

"Ahhh, I think I support the president's policy," McCain said.

12. rocketanalyist

Some things just bite people in their own behind! It still amazes me the lengths the republicans are going throught to make this issue appear to be the liberals attacking this child for getting pregnant, when the real issue is McCain/Palin outing the child for political gain to squash other rumors.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who names their kid track?

At least she has a helluva story to tell. Self made woman and all that....

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I thought it was Trek, but my hearing isn't that good.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

she is also an impressive speaker. i liked her speech friday, i almost feel bad all this stuff is tumbling on her. but she will pick herself up tomorrow at the convention. then the rest of the way, all these issues are either gonna endure her or rip their chances apart.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She has the reputation of a tough minded woman who notably scrapped it up in college hoops. This pick is unprecedented for Republicans in that it could easily swing the other way if she manages to humanize herself and connect with the people and their struggles...something neither McCain nor Obama has accomplished.

Though it might be easier if she worked on that voice...

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Funny... I thought Palin's daughter was in Alaska.

But your points are true for Texans.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't really believe that VP's can do much with this. Look at the last election, Dick Cheney is as cuddly as a hand grenade covered in spikes dipped in syphillis. John Edwards was a master at working the crowd and swinging a jury - in the end it didn't count for crap.

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

My wife's cousin just gave birth TONIGHT to a preemie... at 8 months... no big.

BTW - Baby and mom are doing fine.

Carry on.

20. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Pgabs nailed it. It's ok to be an unwed teenage mother as long as you can afford it.

F the religious right.