1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

17 y/o tased on field during phillies game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roxboys, May 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hjg877

hjg877 Member

But, he didn't use a gun...he used a taser. It's not excessive.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

In your opinion it isn't excessive.

The gun was meant to be an example of why fairness isn't a factor, no need to mention it.

Crappy cop is crappy.

3. juicystream

juicystream Member

Perhaps people's anger should be directed at the state PD. Its up to them to have physical requirements and whether or not to enforce them. The officer did nothing wrong. If they want to make new rules going forward on the use of Tasers for fans on the field then they are welcome to do that.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly who the anger is directed at. That guy represents the PD. He should be more capable, and the PD should require it from him.

5. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

After you get done tasing the kid, go to his house an B*Slap his momma for not teaching her 17 year old child better. Then tase her too...

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Yeah, we all know that nothing bad ever happens when a fan runs onto the field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

If that's who the anger is directed at, then I can understand at least. Maybe the PD should require more of him.

Also,

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5161474

8. juicystream

juicystream Member

Thats not how it appears in this thread. He has been called fat and lazy, and that using a Taser was wrong of him, and that he should have just let the kid keep running because he didn't appear dangerous and eventually someone would have caught him.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Rare example is rare.

Let's just go ahead and assume the worst, was that kid anywhere near anybody? Did he look violent? Was there anything threatening about him? Please tell me what, if you think yes.

They shot his ass because they were lazy. Period.

Lazy cop is lazy.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

And that equals not being upset at the PD how??

He *is* fat and lazy. And using the taser *was* (iop) wrong of him. Those are direct criticisms of him, AND the PD for having someone so fat, lazy, and with poor judgment under their employ.

And no one said they should "let the kid keep running because he didn't appear dangerous". Stop making stuff up, please.

11. juicystream

juicystream Member

The Seles incident would make me very afraid of fans as an athlete. The KC Royals 1B coach thing was sad. I think the son in that situation was 17. You'd expect that stupid fans might go after an umpire or a player, but the 1B coach of all people?

12. juicystream

juicystream Member

You said the cop wasn't fit enough to keep up, so it wasn't laziness, but necessity on his part. He did what was within his training to do. He did what he could to stop him based on his physical ability in a safe way.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

If you support what this officer did, then you're justifying having more police just like him who are unable to do their jobs without tasers. I hope you're comfortable living with that choice. I have defended police using tasers in the past, but the circumstances were far different this time. I have higher standards for police, both physically and mentally, than what this guy showed (for very personal reasons, too, having been in and around PDs a LOT lately). That's all I got. Peace out to another taser-cop argument thread. #7 for me! Which side of the argument will we fall on next time...? Stay tuned, Clutch Fans.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

cop bashing is cop bashing.

we all get it. You don't like cops.

let's move on.

Meanwhile, this immature moron is getting a pass. He's the one who should be blamed, at the end of the day. He started this whole scenario, regardless if you agree with how it was ended (i.e. everyone is perfectly healthy), the entire situation was started by someone with no respect for his father (who said not to do it), other people (no one wants to see some A-hole slow the game down) and the law.

15. juicystream

juicystream Member

If I run from a cop, then I welcome him to Tase me once, even if he can keep up with me.

16. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I hope that kid gets his acceptance to Penn State rescinded.

17. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

The kid looked like a sweet heart so the cops should just assume he was trying to get his cardio in during the game. After that they could have offered him a free ride to his house and if he was really polite they could have obliged him with a reach around just before sending him off to his house to get ready for bed. :rolleyes:

Before the game in MLB parks they clearly go over the ground rules and I believe (at least as Astros games) they say any fan who gets on the playing field will be subject to arrest. It does not say "You can get out on the field as long as you look like a good guy and you are staying away from the players."

"Subject to Arrest"-Taser-A form of "NON-LETHAL" restraint

Should the cops have just waited til he tired out a little bit? Maybe they should have brought in a negotiator to try and talk him down, or they could have just thrown some cuffs at him to put on himself at his earliest convenience.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Getting hit by a train is rare too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go take a nap on the tracks.

Yeah, I'm out of this thread too. No one is ever going to convince anyone else to change their minds about these tasing incidents. All the threads play out the same way.

I'm going to go back to making fun of that mama's boy in the relationship thread.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Last post in this thread.

No. I don't. I appreciate and respect the hell out of cops. GOOD COPS.

Know why? I'm actually going through the process to become one right now.

You can take your foot out of your mouth now.

[​IMG]

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

SAVE US OBAMA!!!!!!