1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15yr niece stepped up her crush on me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Nov 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tested911

tested911 Member

So since this was 5 yrs ago.. 15 yrs + 5 = Pic Legal time :p

(Txt) fake or not

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, somehow he made it even more creepy, Pervy and incesty

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There's actually pics of her in the [Not creepy]... thread, but it really is creepy.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't listen to the haters HP. I don't find this creepy at all.

The pics were great.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Pimpin ain't easy

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

hey heypartner, I think you have some sirius issues. Seek help. I heard rabbits make great companion animals.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey guys. All the comments are cool. I don't feel offended. I've been with cfnet for 15 yrs, and I like you guy's opinion. As tinman says, cfnet brethren.

Look at this discussion as if we were sitting at a bbq together and you guys are telling me I'm an idiot, and I'm listening. Can't learn unless you expose yourself with questions, right?

It was well known in the family she had a crush on me. Thus, the prank by the sister.

At her age and younger, in a way, yes. Like "that's cute, but..." Am I supposed to be disgusted? And it's natural for this to happen, guys. When a niece/goddaughter walks directly through a huge crowd of family to hug your first at gatherings, it's a nice feeling. It is confirmation that you're doing your godfather/uncle duty correctly. And that's the way her mother wanted it be.

It's also nice that after they graduate they still call you all the time. I'm not a father so I cherish that. Staying in touch, hearing about their success, vacation and relationships, it a good feeling. I'm getting close to having another round of weddings in the family, so it's important to stay in touch.

Something tells me most of you don't have twelve, 15-24 yr old nieces. If you do your job correctly and actively engage them throughout their life, within the boundaries of the parents, one is bound to have a crush on you at some point. And even jealousy between them.

Hell, one of my sisters even lectured me for not giving her niece as much attention as the others. I said, well, she is shy. I'm not going to force her to converse. At some age, she will. Have patience.

8. heypartner

Not the same niece.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cgoqrgc_0cM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

I'm sorry, but I've never heard of a niece having a crush on an uncle before your thread.... I've heard extreme stories of backwoods West Virginia... but, outside of that... under "normal" circumstances... I've never heard of such a thing...

Anyone here ever had someone in the family develop a "crush" on another member of their extended family... or, at the least, have known someone that did...?

I'm curious to see if what Heyp is saying here has any merit... That his is indeed "natural"...

I can't see this as possibly being cultural...

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yep, this is exactly my thinking as well.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not really sure what advice is needed. She's a teenager, ignore it. She'll have the hots for some other relative in a week.

13. heypartner

Ok I'm listening

What does the word 'crush' mean to you? Is there a spectrum of meaning

Anyhow maybe it isn't common, I simply mean it wasn't an issue to worry about. The sisters were competing for my attention according to her mother, but in a completely wholesome way...don't get caught up in semantics

Btw. The majority of the history of this was when I was married. My wife and I like to engage with the kids and make them feel special

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think I understand what you're saying that it's nice to be the favorite uncle. At 15 though when a girls hormones are raging, I think her having a crush (being attracted to you) is an entirely different situation that could turn very bad. I don't think that is normal or common at all.

15. heypartner

^
    Yeah that use of the word is not what I meant. Let me tell you a story and you tell me the use of the word

I was hosting a BBQ with heyschweetie and the dozens of guests she was always able to attract. I'm sitting with her and three of her best friends when said niece calls me. She just got a phone for the first time and we exchanged numbers. So I walk off into the yard and chat with her about nothing fior 20mins or so. Come back to the BBQ and sit down and all for girls (normal houstonians) make fun of me by saying..."she's got a crush in you". They were just giving me the bizness. Niece was 13 at that time

But what was their use of the word ? Whatever it is, that was my intent in the thread title

16. yo

yo Contributing Member

You keep telling us stories, and we keep telling you it's not normal. It's not normal to joke about something incestuous, no matter how 'young/cute/innocent' you think it is. Starting to understand all this creepy talk now...

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Baby. Don't worry bout that. You Worry About me.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

19. heypartner

I'm asking questions, listening, and telling stories to add context to a word. Now follow me for a second. What does "Crush" mean. I told a story above of the use in fun by my wife and 3 of her friends. I told that story to illustrate the spectrum of use. Apparently they used it in another way, and you completely dismissed their use of the word. no?

Here's where my interest kicks in in this thread. I love linguistics, which is why I'm offering stories to give context to you guys. The words Love, Hate, Anger, Fear, Happy, Sad, etc are all words to describe human emotions. There is no one definition of any of them. Hence, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." We all agree on that, right?

Is there one definition of "crush?" I would be Super excited to know that one definition. But not Super in a Super Trooper kinda way, maybe on a scale of 1-10 Super, it would be a 7. I'm more interested in knowing why Super Man couldn't get us out of the 1st round.

thoughts? I'll hang up and listen.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

:p ;):grin:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.