1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15yr niece stepped up her crush on me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Nov 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Talk to the parents, or make sure you got some boogers in your nose when you are around her. Nothing is more unattractive than a person with boogers.

2. MONON

MONON Member

Ok! Did you call and talk to everyone at your Mom's and how did that go?

It sounds like there's about a 20 year age difference between you and your niece. If that's the case, just explain what that age difference means to a teenager & that as she gets older and more mature, she'll find someone closer age wise who'll share her same interests.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

Tell her parents ASAP.

Its not your problem its hers. However it will become your problem if people find out and they will question why you hid this from them.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, but only made it half way through my family, so far--fun as usual. My sister (not the mom) thinks it's just a mistake, joke or prank and to ignore it, so i'm going with that. That was my first instinct anyhow; hence, my text reply immediately after receiving it. Then my gf kinda got me paranoid, saying "oooh, she's got a crush on you!" Started the thread partly to see whether considering it a joke and joking back is not cool. it's got to be a joke. nothing else makes sense. guess it's too easy for me to overthink something like this, especially with a niece who is very important to me. I guess I'll consider it healthy paranoia...'eh

thx for all the replies. definitely will tell the mom if it happens again.

5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

You did what I would have done as well...ignore it for first time offenses. You gotta give 'em the benefit of doubt the first time. Sometimes by ignoring things, the point is made. After that, things get a bit more serious.

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

Not "if it happens again." You should tell them NOW.

HeyP, I understand you DON'T want to be a snitch and want to continue your role as the "Cool Uncle." But in this case, you have to DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU and "CYA!" Communication is the most effective way to do that. Squash the problem NOW, dont wait for things to possibly get any worse....

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Just the tip couldn't hurt, right? Right?

8. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

Mrs. Serious Black thinks it was a mistake. Perhaps her crush is really on Ulysses, which is right above Uncle Hey Partner. She figures the kid is probably mortified right now and that telling her Mom will just escalate a situation that is already embarrassing for a 15 year old kid. Everything is embarrassing for a 15 year old kid.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That joke deserves a rimshot... err, that didn't sound good either.

10. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Musiq Soulchild knows all.

<object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/hDiryDSUQm/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/hDiryDSUQm/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed><a href="http://www.imeem.com/people/vMBTzU/music/Tk0bc_Ud/musiq_soulchild_seventeen/">Seventeen - Musiq Soulchild</a></object>

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hopefully it's not a joke from her because that would almost be as weird as it being true. If it was sent by somebody else using her phone, then there's still a problem because it might be based on something the other kids have noticed. Best case scenario is she meant to send it to somebody else.

You can't really bide your time, the sooner you tell her mom the better.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

2 excellent points.

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Are you sure you aren't attracted to her? I seriously dont get why OP is making it more complicated than it really is.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh come on, if you have been around here for any amount of time you don't have to ask that question.

This is a typical..HP thread.

DD

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

did you just cut down orbb as less experienced as you, as a way to use him to cut down me?

anyhow, orbb, as i explained, this is the first time in 20yrs i wasn't with my mom helping make thxgiving dinner. i got lonely and somewhat depressed and looked forward to talking to everyone ... then woke up to that text. kinda made my very favorite day of the year, weird. And I turned to cf.net to attempt to cheer me up, but the advice got complicated, as you can see...right. It's like 33% ignore, 33% confront her, 33% tell parents.

I was selfish to start this thread when feeling lonely.

sorry.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

How I read what you wrote was "She's young and you're an adult". Which means being older is automatically knowing better. And yes that "should" be the case.
    I'm just saying its not always automatic the adult should already instinctively know how to handle a situation they've never been involved in, or why even ask about it? Some people are deep into life experiences, some arent.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Try telling her she is your niece and those types of things can't happen between you two. Even if it is the South.

18. God's Son

God's Son Member

i feel ya man something similar happened to me one time before :( but iam younger than you i guess

a cousin of a friend of mine turns 15 and i guess she was happy about her quincera or something, she say shes feelin me and says she want to do me in the back seat of my car. i was outta there before you know it man i aint want no trouble with the law i get GROWN UP honies man, i bail on young tail

19. flipmode

flipmode Member

sounds like a case of fat fingers. maybe she mis-selected your name from the list.

20. flipmode

flipmode Member

...or had a phone number in there with no name, and wasn't sure who it was a few weeks later, so she guessed it was someone else and not you.