1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15yr niece stepped up her crush on me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Nov 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I got a text at 9:30am Houston time this morning,

"I have undeniable feelings for you."

Talked to her and her sister (my favorite niece) for awhile yesterday along with some others. They are all at my mom's house for thxgiving with 10 other kids and 15 parents, so i'm hoping one of my other nieces or nephews stole her phone and text'd me as a prank....except the time of the txt isn't really fitting to that theory.

I guess I need to respond to this. Maybe not, since I don't live in Houston anymore. btw: she is also my goddaughter.

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Put on restraining order on her ass.

Oh...whoops, no pun intended.

3. heypartner

forgot to clarify that this is an "Advice/Help" thread. what would you do?

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

worthless without pics... oh wait...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXU8kCrRHJY
    That's the better version

but
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXpkMJ0V77E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXpkMJ0V77E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think the POLICE had it right . . .

Rocket River

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Only one question should make or break the deal here: Is she a Jazz fan? :confused:

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

HIT IT THEN QUIT IT

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Don't respond to the kid. It probably won't help. Though you might want to talk to the mom if the niece texts you again.

9. heypartner

hell no. what kind of uncle do you think i am. She's a shot-happy SF. Her and her PG bff have gone to several Rockets games with me.

or were you making a mormon joke. Would the thread responses be different if this were a Jazz website?

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeap. I meant it as a joke. :eek: Obviously a bad one...

OK, but, seriously, folks... :eek:

Did you do something to warrant this "crush"? Did you know anything like this was probable? :( If you didn't want this, why let it happen? I hope you're saying you DIDN'T.

Anyway, teenagers do many things now without being so serious, so let's hope this TEXTING "feelings" isn't serious.

Really, what can you do? You'll break the family apart if you want to pursue anything with her.

Man up and say you can't let this happen at all if she insists.

11. heypartner

what about when I call to say hi to everyone at my mom's house in about 30 minutes. should I ignore her?

12. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

No, you should continue to talk to her within normal situations like that, but maybe keep it short with her... Maybe just talk to her enough to say hi how's school, but not much more than that... Distance yourself, but don't completely cut everything off.

But, like I said, if she continues to make it worse, then you neeeeed to talk to her parental units.

13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

It doesn't help that I'm drunk, but this seems really weird.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

"undeniable" is a pretty big word for a 15 yr old

just sayin'

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Ok Heypartner, this is tricky. You don't want to crush the girl that it might send her on a downward spiral culminating in her getting an AVN Award for best new starlet. But you have to deal with this. Telling the mother in a private manner is the best way. Make sure she jokes with the gal about it (ie we're Texans not W. Virginians) in getting the message across.

Finally, you want to act like nothing happened because in three years her friends will be nice and legal.

Happy T-day.

#15 percicles, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  16. heypartner

"warrant the crush." Look, i'm the "fun uncle" for literally 20 nieces and nephews. It's what guys like us do who have no kids of our own. On top of that, I treat her extra special, because it's what godfathers are supposed to do. I do extra stuff with her; I buy her special gifts. Her younger sister is my favorite and is somewhat jealous enough for the mom to have to explain that her older sister gets special treatment because she's my goddaughter.

So, yes, I have done plenty to "warrant the crush" so to speak.

that said, I have no idea why you'd equate doing things to warrant a crush with "If you didn't want this, why let it happen."

You see, it's so cute to see a girl grow up from her running across the room to you to be lifted off the ground...to them doing more "grown up" hugs because they're starting to grow up...which is what they should do, right?

but..."undeniable" .. that's a big word.

Anyhow, I didn't really post this thread because it's a huge deal that can't be simply ignored. It's just the timing of it. I talk to her every holiday. And she's very important to me...not someone I can ignore.

dude, that's a really weird thing to say. wtf?

17. nickthejerk

nickthejerk Member

i n c _ s t

i'd like to buy a vowel please

18. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

heypartner - don't get so defensive, we don't have the details we need to help you - so it's easier to just make fun of the situation.

With that said, I believe it's safe to assume you're not close in age and not looking to pursue the situation - so I'd just discuss it with her parents (at least make them aware of the situation) and go from there. If it was a prank by her sibling, you'd be overreacting by doing anything different. If she actually has feelings for you, you'd wouldn't be doing enough by doing anything different.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Why is everyone so concerned about sparing her feelings? I mean, you are BLOOD related. That should be enough. Tell her that is not right to think like that. End of discussion. It's better not to sugar code this. She needs to understand this, I mean, do you want her to have a crush on her brother in the future? You need to sit down with her and explain how society works.

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

she's 15. No need for hide/seek on this one. Call her out on it, not too seriously and make sure she knows to put the ridiculous idea out of her mind. kids these days...