1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[1560] Steve Francis traded to GRIZZLIES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieDentist, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Signing options
    - Deke
    - Krstic
    - Horry

2. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

I agree with you. We gave up TOOOOOO much Francis cash and the pick for nothing. This move I have to scratch my head because now we have 2 point guards. I know Francis wasn't playing but come on Alston is getting up there in age and hamstring injuries can pop up anytime they are tricky. Brooks is proven. Then after them 2 who is left? Don't say Luther Head he is a SG and thats it. Brent Barry is not a true PG but can play it in limited time only. We need a PG because as you know Rocket players get injuried :( . Not only was it a bad trade but he traded within the division. which is a no no :mad:

3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Steve got screwed by the Rockets the first time... came back humbly, and got screwed again.

If I was Yao... I would remember in 2010 that the NBA is strictly a business.

4. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Deke is not coming back...Kristic is with the Thunder and Horry hahaha no comment. If you want horry might as well just kept francis

5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Seen that one coming. So long Steve.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

7. worzel gummidge

I was wrong on that. Rockets are now $982,242 under LT. To sign Deke to the vet min today would cost the Rockets $525,466 (pro-rated).

If Adelman wants to play Barry at PG that's what he going to do.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

So does that mean we get Michael Dickerson back too?

9. TheyCallmeExMan

this is sad, the best option we have is a 60 year old center who probably wont be as productive as last year. I think all the mutombo lovers are just as bad as the steve francis lovers.

10. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

It proves that Luther can still play and he's probably the best 3rd string PG in the league. It was either him or Francis and now we know.

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Let's trade for Bobby Jackson .... :D

12. worzel gummidge

No closure. Definately wanted to see Steve play before he was moved.

It's funny how they can't want to move a guy who desperately wants to get on the court even though he's not 100% but then there's this other guy...

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Could they sign PJ Brown to the vet min and still remain under the LT if Deke decides to join either SAS or Boston?
    I'm asking this hypothetically since PJ didn't rejoin the Celtics and probably might retire.

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I had already accepted that Steve would never be Stevie Franchise again, but this still hurts. '99-'04 were the years I watched and recorded every game, every television interview, anything that had Steve Francis. He's the reason I became obsessed with the Rockets.

Farewell Stevie, Houston has such great memories with you. If this opens up the space to sign Deke, and we nab him soon, it was definitely the right move.

The whole "NBA is a business" is a tough pill to swallow at times.

15. worzel gummidge

The vet min is the same amount for anyone who qualifies for it.

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

Read Clutch's article.

It says Francis's determination was questioned because of his absents on practices/workouts.

Now... my question is... since when has he been missing practices? I don't think I've seen any reports on him not being determined.

17. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

guess thats that.

18. plee

plee Member

Come on guys...give it a break with this "Rocket's screwed Steve". He got paid a few million dollars to rehab and get into shape, remember he's still being paid by Portland on the $$$ buyout.

If he can still play, he'll catch on with another team...so chill out... :cool:

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not surprised that Doc Rocket was right,though I didn't think the Rockets would be able to move him.

20. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

If he gets waived, can we re-sign him to the min as well as Deke?? :)