1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] Kamla on McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I disagree. I'm willing to bet cold hard cash that McGrady will never be 20ppg scorer on a winning team ever again.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Really good interview. Ken Hoffman got completly owned. He just has to shut up and listen.

I can't understand one thing. You want to get rid of a player. You want to take as much as you can for him. You want expiring contracts and young players with potential. And than you say he can't play, he looks horrible and he will not be back for sure...

Are you kidding me? Think about it if you are Sixers. You want to give them a guy who can't play and is not even close and you want young, good players in exchange? That's SILLY.

You may not like Kamla (I am not a big fan of him either). But he is damn right. Just give the guy a chance. He needs to play. We will not know untill we see.

And that Chicago deal looks pretty good. You get another pg/sg who can shoot and you get a veteran center who was DEADLY ON during last year's playoffs. It may work out.

But just don't say he is done. Sure, everybody has his own opinion but who cares about that? It all remains to be seen.

Nuno:

I agree with you 100%. At least you know what you are talking about. And in the future, please post those interviews on BBS.

3. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I agree with Kamla on everything he said, everyone's acting like T-Mac is officially done, but you
    haven't seen him play, yet you wanna make hurried reports, saying he is done and stuff, like Kamla said,
    Tracy is not going to be back into shape overnight, he's working hard with Tim Grover, and he really
    wants to be back in the court, and be among Kobe, Lebron and Wade as he used to.

Just give him a chance, you know he can be back to where he used to be, even after microfracture
    surgery, it's not impossible, and I really think Tracy can make it back, but he can't do it by himself, he must
    play in order to come back. And that's not what you're having him do right now.

At least I hope he goes to a team where he'll be believed in, where he'll be helped by everyone, and
    mainly, a team in which he'll be happy to play. A team that will suit him. Good luck T-Mac!

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

How much you want to put on that bet?

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd gladly bet 100 bucks.

Edit: Though a sig bet is probably more appropriate for these forums.

#25 Williamson, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tmac can be back to being a good player...just not for the Rockets.

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So did I. Kamala the Ugandan Warrior and Skandor Akbar!!!

8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Tmac back in Orlando?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ds5JbmRS-Pk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ds5JbmRS-Pk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

how do you know? you can't say tmac won't play adelman's system, because you haven't seen him play significant minutes in adelman's offense. those 7 min for 6 games were meant to test mcgrady's body, and his body was at least partially responsive, his offense and defense a little rusty, but a good player can play in any system, just because he has been forced to be the main scorer on previous teams doesn't mean he isn't capable of playing in any other team

10. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

Quick conclusions and snap judgments are par for the course around here. My bet is on McGrady making something of himself when all is said and done. You don't become one of the best without knowing how to work hard and I think he has it in him to work hard again.

I like the trade suggestion. I don't think you want to do too much to upset the balance of things. And incorporating some minutes for Brad Miller would be a minor but positive change. 3-headed monster at center, not a bad way to go. And the guy is THE BEST passing pivot in the league and a dead-eye from outside. Pargo is experienced point guard depth which we also need.

I approve.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not getting my hopes up for any "All-star" player coming in for HWSNBN.

If we can get anything useful for HWSNBN it's an expirings like Brad Miller and maybe Pargo who can help this team for a playoff push this year.

I hope for the best but we'll see.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Exactly, is clear the direction we are going, but ppl saying he is done without seen the guy play 30 minutes at least for a few games makes nonsense.

13. herro

herro Member

McGrady limping around playing no defense is still a far better player than Brad Miller and Pargo combined. I'd rather see Tracy get 20 minutes a game than see this crap go through.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We've been over this.

HWSNBN does not fit the style of offense we have here. Rick wants shooters to move without the ball, which HWSNBN has NEVER done in his career.

Brad Miller would be a perfect fit here to be honest and he also wouldn't call ESPN if he wasn't getting enough playing time.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

DD

16. Puff

Puff Member

About to talk about Hoffy getting owned on the radio in 5 mins...

17. herro

herro Member

Brad Miller is a 33 year old that is seeing his minutes significantly cut on a team that hasn't won 15 games. I don't care about his character (which I'm sure is just fine)

Tracy is far too talented of a player, his enormous contract expires in far too important of a year to warrant moving him for garbage because we think he MIGHT fit Adelman's offense.

we have a 2 that can't dribble, shoot, or pass

brad miller and pargo coming to town won't change any of that

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The trade in question is horrible. Brad Miller is like Brent Barry of last year - you can still see glimpses of their BBall IQ and understanding of the game through their play, but their physical decline is so great even their smarts can't overcome it. Battier will probably become a Brad Miller or Brent Barry in one or two seasons.

Jerome James and Pargo = scrubs....pargo might have some potential, but we don't have time to develop him when we're still developing Brooks and Lowry.

19. herro

herro Member

no man he's going to take us to the wcf

he can't get minutes on a terrible team, but that pivot passing and under 50 FG% from the center spot in limited minutes is going to have us really kicking

we'll have a 3 headed monster at center now!!

20. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

In Morey we trust.

If he makes this trade, it's a good move. If he doesn't, it's not.