1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] James Harden Interview 2/1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Feb 1, 2013.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

2. cw3k

cw3k Member

McHale upset?? Doubt it. He allowed a 22-2 before a timed out. That's was from +8 to -14. Benching the only true PG in the team. Freaking disgusting. James should tell the truth that McHale has failed the team.

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I think you forget the initial expectations... We are currently overachieving.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Your wrong. One, there was a quarter end in there. two, assuming you're talking about Lin, Lin played during much of that run.

You can check game flow online quite easily:

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20130130&game=HOUDEN

harden was horrible in the 4th, though PPat's horrible 5 minute stretch should be noted. He played 5 minutes at the beginning of the 4th quarter and his only contribution at all to the stat sheet was 1 turnover. He was getting outworked by Faried all night. And that was just an energy thing.

Much of the run coincided with McHale's love of small ball. Asik was the only positive +/- guy all night. If there is one thing to fault McHale for its for his love of small ball, int eh 4th quarter. Smith wasn't doing much but should have gotten some early 4th quarter run. denver had gone small, too, but given how PPat was struggling, I would have preferred Smith at the 5 to combat Faried.

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

using the word, benching, sounds overreacting. it makes you looks like a redneck.

i don't think lin was playing during that period until near the end of that stretch. he is the one who made 2 pts and stopped the bleeding.

6. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

this is a huge issue i have with mchale. Ive seen it too many times where the other team gets on a roll and they have obviously seized the momentum and the game is fast getting away from us and mchale refuses to call a timeout.

by the time he calls a timeout after the damage is done already.

Is he trying to do a phil jackson where he lets his team get crushed and lets them figure and doesnt call a timeout? Hate to break it to mchale, but when phil started doing that, he had mj and pip and a championship tested veteran team.

You dont do that to the youngest team in the nba. Great coaches strategically call timeouts when he sees his team losing the game and or momentum. See poppovich, carlisle, and spoelstra. They are very adept at calling timeouts right away when the opposing team starts taking over a game.

Mchale, not so much.

7. gah

gah Member

I was one who was saying why is Jeremy Lin not out there but the truth is he didn't stop the bleeding, Jeremy came back in early in the 4th qtr when the Nuggets were midway trough their run, but the lead was only two.

Even with his faults, the critical player was Asik, he's been our MVP the last three games, but he was overplayed because his back-up is playing like Jordan Hill on defense. I think back-up center has been a major liability, Greg Smith is almost always too slow on defensive rotations, and the truth of the matter, just as was the case with Jordan Hill, expecting him to anchor the defense is just an almost impossible proposition. The current Greg is very bad defensively, I hope he's working hard on that area.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you completely misunderstood what i mean bleeding. i mean the scoring drought.

9. gah

gah Member

I wouldn't call scoring a couple of baskets while your opponent is in the process of putting the game away as "stopping the bleeding".

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Was he critical of himself, that alone will be very telling of his character and leadership?

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

fine. at least i know what your "stopping the bleeding" means.