1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[14-15 Reg. Season]What are your favorite games(win) and moments?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Space City

Space City Member

I like it when the young guys step up big, so I'll include:
    Nick Johnson game winner
    Papa's 19 point game
    DMo and Black outperforming Z-Bo and Gasol for the W
    Capela breaking his FG drought by dunking on everyone

There are so many Harden moments so I'll try to restrain myself:
    Harden's 50
    Harden's 51
    Faried trying harder than Troy Daniels to get Harden the triple double
    Harden closing out the game against the Mavs
    Harden's game winner over the Suns

Plus watching Terry turn back the clock against the Hawks while Harden had to sit out was fun despite the loss.

2. Space City

Space City Member

I had forgotten about that, definitely a favorite moment for me as well.

3. newAge_Rockets

Can't believe noone has said it, but the first REVENGE game against Portland. Harden just went bonkers, Jet hit his 2000th three pointer. It was the best regular season game I've seen live!

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Harden drop 41 against OKC, 8pt in 70 seconds

5. JazzLakerHater

Although it came in one of our ugliest games of the season, I loved it when Ariza got physical with Steph Curry in the last Warriors game. He didn't like it and he charged at Ariza lol. I loved that moment because that was the moment we officially became the villans of the NBA when we tried to mess around with the golden child of the NBA.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Underrated moment because it came in a loss...

But Corey Brewer's 4th quarter takeover in Portland when we were dead and buried was pretty absurd.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned this but a defining moment for me was that first Heat's game.

- Both teams were perfect at that point in the early season but there was still doubts if Houston was the "real thing" since we played a really easy schedule thus far. This was supposed to be our first test.
    - One of the rare games this season that everyone (But Jones, who's first game missed was this game) was healthy and playing.
    - One of the rare games that all our three point shooters (Ariza, Canaan, Terry, Bev, even Pap) were shooting well.
    - Ball movement was crisp. Rotations were on time. Defense was tenacious.
    - Highly competitive first half but in the last 5 minutes of the game, the defense picked up, the offense became a thing to watch and we blew them out of the water.
    - Harden made some amazing defensive plays at key points in the game, affirming that he was taking defense seriously this year.
    - Howard looked dominant and prime for a huge season.
    - Harden was consistently beating double teams with these amazing across the court skip passes to open shooters (and they were actually hitting their shots!)

Overall, that was the game that I thought A) Harden is going to be a real MVP candidate and that B) this Rocket's team may be the real deal! I remember the morning after, everyone was buzzing in on the game and excitement was back for Rocket's basketball.

For reference:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nE8KxeLKTgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Plus, it was the first game since the whole Bosh ditched Houston at the proverbial free agent wedding. We should that Bosh made a poor decision that night.

9. HookemHorns1250

Even though I'm not a huge fan of him, I laughed when Bull said "Stop flopping Chalmers!" Then the "Who was that other guy?", by Bill after Ariza hit that big 3.

10. SemisolidSnake

Harden's 50 points in front of part of the 50-pt Club on Championship night.

The Rockets beating Princess Lebron and the Cavs. (Side note: ABC probably didn't pick up a better game all season to broadcast. Lucky for them.)

Corey Brewer just running teams into the ground. He needs to be the automatic sixth man on the squad, because he just forces the team to play better when he's out there. And he has a pet goat. Corey Brewer: another brilliant Morey pick up.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The first win vs. the Mavs...at the time I thought the Mavs were better and that it validated our good start.

The win vs. the Cavs on Sunday afternoon

12. SemisolidSnake

Bosh ditches Houston. Eighty-two games later, we have Trevor Ariza, Jason Terry, Josh Smith, and Corey Brewer on the squad. Rockets have won the toughest division in sports. Miami misses the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Also, let's throw a little Dragic schadenfreude in there as well. Can Miami acting as the the Rockets' lucky-miss sponge this year be a favorite moment? Yeaaahhhh, damn right it can.

1 person likes this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

Oh, oh, oh, Rockets first game beating the Clippers in forever. That was a GREAT feeling. Now, they don't seem insurmountable any more.

14. Space City

Space City Member

Also, I can't remember which Clippers game it was chronologically, but the game with the Matt Barnes shove to Harden was a great one. We had come out sluggish and just hanging in there until the shove. Then we stepped up the intensity and completely controlled the rest of the game.

15. RedRising14

RedRising14 Member

Wasn't that also Brewer's Rockets debut? I was riding home from the airport and was following along on the Game Time App/Twitter/Radio :)

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Cavs win over LeBron was Harden's best performance. That was really special for me.

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

The Cavs game because I was there live

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Was in attendance for Harden's first 50 points game, the night of the ceremony, the 1st Mavs game where Harden cooked Parsons at the end, the ABC matchup with the Cavs

19. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Probably the Cavs game in Houston. I'd also vote for any game on NBA on ABC. Seemed like we we're on Sunday prime time every Sunday this year (at least more than recent memory).

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think it was his best performance necessarily, but the way he went toe to toe with Lebron and didn't shy away from him was awesome. Definitely my favorite Harden moment this year.