1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[12/11/12] Jeremy Lin rolls ankle in practice + Harden update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 11, 2012.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Want to add, that I was actually at the Toronto game, the energy was Linsane. Even the crowd couldn't hold themselves back and erupted in cheers after Lin hit the game winner.

2. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Pretty sure we would still blow out the Wizards with Lin in a wheelchair and Harden on crutches.

Both of them should really sit out the game and not risk it for a game that could easily be won by Cooksanity.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just the tradition of the city. Nothing to worry about!

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

From the courtside pictures, Lin has the audacity to low tops as well.

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

LOL @ this.

Good to know he's fine. :)

6. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

He had over 100 Jeremy Lin tweets yesterday

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin's ankle probably not too bad:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Everybody come meet @<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a> at the food court in Galleria!! Huryyyyy</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/278646874884407296" data-datetime="2012-12-11T23:46:06+00:00">December 11, 2012</a></blockquote>

8. conquistador#11

is it a fact that low tops cause more ankle injuries? i've always hated low tops. get me some reebok's pump over any of today's low top shoes.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mirely.eli takes a picture with Lin and registers at cf.net = Lin scores 38pts

Mirely.eli leaves cf.net because of dorks here = Lin rolls ankle in practice.

We need our good luck charm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jocar

jocar Member

These guys wouldn't be rollin their ankles if they had the proper hightops...

[​IMG]

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I read somewhere during the Adelman years when a number of Rockets were going down with sprains, that our trainers tape players' ankles differently. It makes them more susceptible to ankle sprains but protects the knees more.

I don't know if it's true or whether we still do it.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Probably true. The ankle joint shouldn't be taped up so much, if at all. I think most trainers know this, but there's too much pressure in sports to prevent injuries, so they do it anyway, even if it means hurting the knee in the long run. Ankle injuries are just part of the game. It's like putting neck braces on QBs to avoid whiplash on the field. If the placebo catches on, everyone will want it and ignore that it obviously restricts the vision/mobility of the QB.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

First our best layer goes down andnow our second best player with an ankle injury. Gees thats some rotten luck

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Story of our life, dude. I remember there was a game where Yao, T-Mac and Artest all rolled their ankles...yes, in the same game lol.

15. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Rolls ankle during game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/85f2-cesYd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler always wore low tops and never taped his ankles...he's told us that 37 times in the last 5 games.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Ges back all the way to the Ralph Sampson days. The curse sadly lives on. Portland is another cursed franchise interms of bad injuries to their top players.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden rolled his ankle and went beserk aainst Dallas and Lin went beserk in the second half when he rolled his ankle. Kinda odd.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, that was just bad footing. Manu stepped in front of him and Lin had to take a really long left step to clear him, which changed his steps.

20. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

You think Lin is the second best player?