1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1000 signs you're a Rockets Fanatic (obsessed)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Jan 11, 2001.

1. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

114. you have a flat top and you insist your mother refer to you as 'horry'

115. you shoot like purvis short

116. you relish any chance you get to say 'unbeatable'

117. whenever you are hayes street you think of elvin and the yellow cab commercial where he says 'hayyyyesss street'

118. you are still reeling over the suspension of lewis lloyd and and mitchell wiggins

119. you are convinced that malone and stockton are not that good

120. you are convinced that robert reid and lionel richie are the same person

120. you think dave feitl was cool

121. your were pissed when they traded craig ehlo to the cavs

------------------
    "no matter how good she looks someone... somewhere..is tired of her sh*t"

2. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

122. You chase the Rockets team bus up 8th Ave in Manhattan after a last second win in MSG shouting and clapping and generally jumping around acting like an idiot.

123. You regularly listen to the audio files of Gene Peterson calling seminal plays in Rocket history and get all misty-eyed.

124. You confuse friends and family by periodically and for no apparent reason shouting "Kapayaa!!!"

125. You still have the sweatbands Allen Leavell tossed to you when you were 12.

------------------

3. vj23k

vj23k Member

126. The phrase:Never underestimate the heart of a champion brings tears to your eyes and gives you chills.(not bad chills, of course [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

4. mc mark

mc mark Member

127 - Your personalized signed basketball by Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler sits prominently displayed in glass on your bar even though your wife hates it there.

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

5. Houston_baller3

128- You know all the words to (Logix Communications) commercial.

------------------

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

129. Despite the fact you live on the other side of the planet, and have never met, or seen any of the players in person, you talk about the player like you actually know them.

130. You never went to high school without being tired from staying up till 1am waiting for NBA scores.

131. You bedroom contains a Houston Rockets wall, Hakeem Olajuwaon wall, a Rockets news clippings wall and a second Houston Rockets wall!

132. On a train in Sydney you start to cry when you read a small article about the Rockets beating the Sonics in the playoffs.

133. Number 34 is your lucky number, followed by 22, 3, 25, 17, 4.......

134. You were the only person at school that wanted be be a center rather then a guard.

135. You become violant when anyone dared to say Jordan was better then Olajuwon.

136. You have the dream shake down to a fine art....even though your a short arse.

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

My Expert Opinion Of Steve Francis:Mate he is a special player!

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Even though I've never met any of you, its like you're all describing me in detail. [​IMG]

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

137. You were genuinely optimistic when the Rockets picked Jason Collier in the draft.

138. Your palms are permanantly scarred from digging your fingernails in them during every Rocket cliffhanger.

139. You bawled when you found out Sam Cassell and Robert Horry were traded.

140. When you pass the Summit on the way to work, you almost get in car accidents admiring the building and reminiscing the glory days.

141. You broke a hole in your apartment floor from jumping up and down so hard after Mario Elie's "Kiss of Death."

142. You've memorized every player response in the Rockets official yearbook such as Steve Francis wanting to be President or Mo Taylor's favorite movie being Back to the Future (what the hell).

143. You were in Vancouver at the Rockets game cursing the fans and throwing tomatoes and batteries yelling "How do YOU like that?!"

144. You secretly wished you were that 9-year old girl in Denver that Stevie Franchise toppled over so that you could get his game jersey, autographed sneaks and game tickets. [​IMG]

------------------
    The best is yet to come.
    Go Rockets!

[This message has been edited by finalsbound (edited February 12, 2001).]

9. Steve_Francis_rules

I didn't cry, but I started cursing at my TV when I read on the bottom of the screen on ESPN2 that two of my favorite players were traded.
    And I didn't have to jump up and down in my apartment, I was at the game jumping up and down. [​IMG]

------------------
    Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so (that he may be able to say), thus:
    In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth will I speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger. -from the Vinaya Pitaka

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

145. You can't wait to get your bobble head Hakeem doll!!!

11. tacoma park legend

146- You're friends with turbo and clutch

147- The guy who works at pizza hut in the compaq center knows you by name

148- You yell at anybody ,who walks into the room while you're watching the game, that they just jinxed the Rockets and tell them to get the hell out.

149- You know Rudy T's phone number, called him, freaked out when you heard his voice and hung up on him.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited March 30, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited March 30, 2001).]

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

149 1/2 - you pull up this old post, in the hopes it gets to 1000!

[This message has been edited by rockHEAD (edited March 30, 2001).]

13. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

150. You resurrect this thread.

151. Every clothing combination you wear has at least one Houston Rockets logo.

152. You buy the Reebok Wink DMXs just because Steve Francis wears them.

------------------
    All your hoes are belong to us

[This message has been edited by Vengeance (edited March 30, 2001).]

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

153 - You buy the DMX's and you don't wear them! You just buy them to have them!!

------------------
    Homecourt will always be 'The Summit' to me!! Until we move downtown!!
    The Psychedelic Groove House of Rockets Basketball Love!
    Come and chat with us on game nights in CC.net chat!

Chickety China, the Chinese Chicken.
    Have a drumstick and your brain starts clickin'

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

• 154. You proclaim you own the East

155. You wiped your ass on your #33 Pippen Rockets Jersey

156. You think Heath is your best friend

157. You try to figure out what ZRB means

158. You try to think of 1000 signs your an obsessed Rockets Fan .

159. You drafted Moochie Norris over Damon Stoudamire in your NBA fantasy league .

160. You lied about your where-abouts March 20th 2001 [/list=a]

------------------
      "Eat your kids, play with your dinner and join the chat" - Dr of Dunk gives a public sevice announcement at the request of Mike Tyson .

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited March 30, 2001).]

16. ZRB

ZRB Member

161. You develop multiple personality disorder by watching too many up-and-down Rocket games.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

162. You're becoming dangerously depressed because your pc keeps malunctioning when you try to enter game chat.

163. You're afraid your "loyal chatter" status is going down and no one will remember you when you finally get back in.

------------------
    The season's almost over...and I still really need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

164. You're driving down the road, see a squirrel and think about CC.net for some strange reason.

------------------
    I'm just a nut, trying to get a squirrel!

19. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

165. You dream that when you play NBA 2000, that when you win the title with the Houston Rocket team, it will really happen!

166. You are a fanatic from half way across the world (Australia)

20. heypartner

heypartner Member

168. You decide to make it a personal challenge to prove Azim is a pessimist for thinking we can't reach 1000

....give me some elbow room, I'm just getting started. Besides, I'm looking for some Vengeance anyhow, on "realist" lottery talk.

169. You regret not registering yourself as Vengeance instead of the more peaceful heypartner (*cough* | *cough*) when you must do a full-frontal assault on posts about tanking.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited March 31, 2001).]