1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Years of Morey Is enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by opticon, Apr 7, 2016.

1. opticon

opticon Member

What has Rudy really done for the Lakers as a scout?

They don't seem to ripe with prospects.

But to be fair the lakers have much bigger problems.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If Morey is fired, maybe Rudy as GM and still Battier as coach?

DD

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Morey is not the problem.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i'm not surprised about the low interest in Battier (or another name anyway) simply because i think that right now a lot of people just want to see heads rolling :grin:

Btw i totally agree with your post overall. I'm a fan of Morey, but at this point he needs to show me something.

5. Gertso

Gertso Member

Well I haven't been around here in a while let me see what's been going on. (rolls eyes) Yep, that's why I left!

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Morey doesn't have any real input in the coaching decisions, JB has pretty much proved this with his inexplicable rotations and play designs.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The fans have been abused, and so have their wallets.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah but it's going to be the 12th or 13th pick instead of the 14th. dreams really do come true.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kerr is such a smart guy

"Who are we.?The Bulls or Warriors. I am sure when those 2 teams face off, WE WILL BEAT US!"

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I agree, Morey's had a long time. Give him credit for getting to the WCF one year. But that might have been his ceiling.

Then again, never forget: Things can always get worse. You can go from Adelman to McHale, and from Morey to God knows what.

11. DaDakota

Morey chose McHale.

DD

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wasn't Morey inclined to sign Casey or Frank but Les wanted McHale more? Is that wrong? I think i've read something like this somewhere...

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey ---> Mchale was boston nepotism.

14. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

I was thinking this too...

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Of course bc you post every 30 seconds.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Morey doesn't need to get fired unless he refuses to loosen his reigns over the team and certain philosophies. Mistakes happen, but the question of course is can he learn from them. He seems to believe it is truly a player ran franchise and it could happen with a mature superstar but not with two over grown children at the helm. JB is a lost cause. Many of us have pointed this out the day Mchale was fired. The entire coaching staff needed an overhaul and whether it was a financial move or truly a strategic move to better the team this season is yet to be proven but I as many probably feel like it was the first option. I hope Les doesn't fire him immediately but gives him this offseason to rectify the mess created known as the 2015-2016 season.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Firing Morey was dumb last year, 2 years ago, and is no different this year.

Yes, this season was an absolute catastrophe and everything Morey did backfired.

Let me just ask you an honest question. Were you optimistic about the team coming off a WCF and adding Marcus Thornton and Ty Lawson and giving up little in return for them? 95%+ of us would say YES this year is going to be special. It just didn't work out.

It turns out last year was mostly fool's gold but you still can't fault Morey for trying to value continuity and hope we caught the same lightning in a bottle.

The good thing about this year is not only getting an unexpected lottery pick, Morey WILL give this roster a much needed cleansing. I can't think of a better GM to do the job of blowing up the team than Morey. This is where he does his best work.

1 person likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

10 years is too long of a time for a gm if your only achievement is WCF. Other gms would either be fired or remain on forever mediocre teams.

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Put the pitchforks away, witch-hunters

20. DaDakota

Please stay on topic, ok?

Thanks,

DD