1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 year old girl murders baby

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 14, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I do. That one really disturbed me though, because there are people who actually think that way.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's why I put it as the title. It's meant to be distressing and disgusting because the very fact that we have to have a debate about a 10 year old having a right to an abortion is far more distressing and disgusting in and of itself.

FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

remember a few months ago that greg abbott said he would solve this issue by eliminating rape in the state of texas. i wonder how that is going.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If there is a will, there is a way.

Anti-abortion lawmakers seek to block patients from crossing state lines - The Washington Post

The Thomas More Society, a conservative legal organization, is drafting model legislation for state lawmakers that would allow private citizens to sue anyone who helps a resident of a state that has banned abortion from terminating a pregnancy outside of that state. The draft language will borrow from the novel legal strategy behind a Texas abortion ban enacted last year in which private citizens were empowered to enforce the law through civil litigation.

“This is going to create state-against-state and state-against-federal chaos that we haven’t seen in this country in a long time.”

FranchiseBlade and TheJuice like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's amazing is how the GOP is avoiding talking about it. First they said it was a lie, and now they say it doesn't matter because it involves an immigrant.

They cry so hard when they see the GOP not condemning protests against the SCOTUS or when the "MSM" doesn't give their causes the attention they think it deserves.

But this is obviously burying a story. First lying about it to deny it. Then trying to switch it to be something else. And finally trying to ignore it.

They are they biggest hypocrites

6. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

That's insane. I'm wondering if the long game here isn't just abortion, but to make non-profits/legal aid societies be unable to take on cases for others.

In other words, it's a win-win. Either they shut down abortion like they want, or the courts rule "no, states/private citizens can't interfere" and groups like the ACLU won't be able to take on cases on behalf of someone else. I have no legal training though, so I'm not quite sure how all of that works.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, it is insane. The SC cowardly turned away from striking down TX's novel approach of using civil litigations that effectively infringe on constitutional rights. It's outsourcing infringement on constitutional rights over to private citizens. The aim was blocking abortion right, but it can be anything.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

God the applications are endlessly horrifying.

You have a rainbow flag or a menorah and I can see it from my home? You're violating my right to freedom of religion because now my kids may see it and question things. The next presidential election is gonna be a shitshow with more private citizens suing states or individual poll workers over conspiracies.

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And some people would rather focus on the misdemeanor of illegally entering the nation rather than the fact the girl wasn't allowed to have an abortion, the doctor is investigated by the AG, and many conservatives said the whole episode was a lie.

mtbrays, FrontRunner, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Didn't read the thread but I think both extreme sides on this argument are wrong. Both the ones who say unborn life doesn't deserve any protection at all, and the ones who are going after a doctor who performs an abortion in a case like this.

It should be absolutely obvious that this poor child should not be forced to carry out another child. Whoever thinks a doctor who helps this child should be punished is crazy.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Democratic states should enable a law to allow private citizens to sue anyone who impedes an abortion.

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.