1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10-year anniversary of ClutchFans

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Mick

Mick Contributing Member

Great job Clutch!! As always, a fantastic site.

Mick

2. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

A belated congratulations to Clutch and the great clutchfans! Keep up the good work! :)

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Thanks, Clutch. This site has allowed me to continue being a Rockets fan and is near and dear to my heart.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow the memories I've had of this site. Thanks a gazillions Clutch for the wor you've done. I don't think there are people more dedicated and that have lived and died for a team than the people on this site. Hopefully the next year we'll have a Houston Rockets Championship picture as the front page.

5. Fletch

Fletch Member

this is my favorite place to lurk :)

I love this sight and the community!

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lotsa great, heartfelt Congrats herein to Clutch from almost all of us -- but I missed seeing anything from Doc??? :confused:

7. gaily

gaily Member

Thanks, you are the man

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Big thank you for all the fun :D :) :D

9. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Easily my favorite site on the internet. Thanks Clutch!

10. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

amen to that! my homepage is actually on clutchfans. never was a day that i didnt check on clutchfans.. i even check this forum in an hourly basis! i just love the board, the people voicing out their thoughts on certain topics, the endless debates, the newbie bashing! its awesome! thanks clutch and crew! keep up the excellent work! :D

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Post 1,000,000 on GARM is imminent.

On last check, only 14 more to go ...

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Wow ... that means my home page has been on Clutch something for almost 10 years ... geez. I lurked for a long time before I joined, but have enjoyed the interaction with Rocket's fans as a connection to my youth in Houston, where I went to UH. Phi Slamma Jamma lives on in the Rockets!

David, dude, all I can say is "thank-you," and bow in respect. One of the things I do is create knowledge management networks for corporations and government, and I've not seen anything else this impressive anywhere, which facilates the sharing of knowledge on something like you have. You've created an impressive online community, and I know noone has a clue of all the work you've put into this to make it work.

This place is also special because of a lot of great posters. The BBS is what makes this fansite so special. I'd love to highlight so many people, like Clutch, Jeff, Kagy, Popeye, thacabbage, and especially Will, clearly the best poster of all, but I won't, since I'd leave so many great posters off the list. There are all sorts of people here who post, like Kelly Dwyer, MattJ, etc. and you never know who has a pen name who is a player or well known person. It'd be fun someday to find out more of whom everyone is. But, what I think the most amazing thing Clutch has done, is provide an environment which allows for the free flow of ideas, news, and opinion, while being real, but respectful. Most fansites get so crude and reactionary. It's been quite the balancing act. But, we posters are what makes this so special, and Clutch has empowered that.

Thank you, David. Clutch, you're the best!

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Which post was it? That person should get a special category of poster.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I can't believe I've been married ten years.

To my wife (7/27)...

And to this site (8/8)....

Wow. (I think I found it around (8/21)....

Awesome. Thanks Clutch. ;)

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

We know Clutch 10 Years is real, but are above REAL? ;)

16. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

Thanks for all the goodies: the #1 Rockets source for any & everything.

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Clutch, you should have gone retro for it. :) ;) :(

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Thanks, Clutch for maintaining this great site!

19. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

I'm way late on this, but I was on vacation. ;)

Merry anniversary!! :cool:

I think I heard of this site in 2002..or early 03. I had posted on the nba usenet boards for years and then was reading the espn boards. After yet another ridiculous troll flamewar was going on at the rockets espn board, somebody posted "if you want a real rockets discussion site, check out clutchcity.net." Although I was disappointed that I had to register just to read the forum, I was happy to find the board in time for all of the exciting "Rudy's leaving, who'll be the new coach?" discussion. Then I cautiously entered the chatroom, and it became a great way to follow games when our stupid cable system hardly showed any. Once the Rockets were back on FSN, I was able to start helping out and doing some play by play myself. When I couldn't access the forum for around 6 months in 2004 with no explanation, I was :( and kinda :mad: , but thankfully my account was restored, and I could once again read all the intelligent, inofrmative posts (and those by edc.)

Here's to ten more years! :)

20. momosworld

momosworld Member

Thanks for the hard work Clutch. Haven't been around long, but it is easy to see what makes the site great.