1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10% Rule

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigSherv, Sep 15, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i know kids there now, too. i know teachers there as well. i'm not remotely insulted. i think there 5-10 valedictorians my year.

stratford is a big school. at a school that size, you can find virtually anything. none of it is exclusive to stratford...and stratford isn't immune to it.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Very true about it not being just Stratford.

My graduating class was 1,045 and we only had 1 valedictorian so I was just astounded that a school like Stratford would have that many, that's all.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

That's nuts, 1,045 graduating class! :eek: my graduating class was a little over 500 and we had 20 valedictorians, although I think after my class they changed it to just 1 valedictorian.

4. halfbreed

I always thought valedictorian was supposed to be a singular title. It wasn't until I talked to my friend that I'd ever heard of more than one person being named valedictorian.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Boo! Hiss! Memorial > Stratford (a.k.a "the prison")

6. insane man

insane man Member

lots of schools have that now. it just means a lot of kids have the perfect grade of all As including taking every honors class possible and getting As in there generally. memorial has had that many times too.

7. halfbreed

Doesn't that mean the classes are too easy? There's no way there should be 10 people in a graduating class who get perfect grades in all classes especially considering most of the classes these kids take are honors classes.

At Elsik, we had a teacher who graded the class on the AP Test curve (for AP English). If we got an average of a 3 on our AP tests (which is enough to get credit) we got a C in the class. Getting a 4 average meant you got a B and a 5 meant an A.