1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 reasons (amongst plenty of others) why I am grateful and excited for being a rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Dec 22, 2014.

1. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

1. Clutchfans - wonderful forum (perhaps the best nba forum outthere?) to learn and meet people of insight and charm

2. The Beard - MVB, DPOY and MVP candidate

3. The point of emphasis of this team is on D

4. This teams is a championship contender

5. DMO and his exciting postup skills that will lead him and the rockets to who knows what adventures

6. Dwight -we are enjoying the best center in this league in his prime who is a wonderfull person and always smiling and ready for fun

7. Bill, Bull and Clyde- amongst the best sports announcers in the world, perhaps homers and not the most insightful announcers but they will always make it fun, make you laugh and the most boring of the games interesting

8. Patrick Beverley the man who never stops fighting and grinding…. the smallest guy on the court who get all the most important rebounds…thats how you play

9. Darel Murray

10. Houston is my town

5 people like this.
  2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

**** haters and trolls, man. Repped.

1 person likes this.
  3. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

11. 16-9

12. K-Pap/Terry (hopefully Brewer and Shved can be included here too)

13. NO pick

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The Rockets are my favorite professional basketball team.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don't you mean 19-7?

1 person likes this.
  7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

No homerism right?

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Yes
    Sure
    The effort on D is slipping like hell lately. And defense is exactly the only thing that kept the Rockets being good so far. The offense rating is at about 20th in the league. I hope they'll pick it up again. Or else, loosing streak is coming.
    See the comment to the 3rd point above.
    Yes, DMo is very good and can be better. But the team need to feed him the ****ing ball more often.
    :grin::grin:
    They are Dwight-ish commentators. :grin:
    I was happy to know that the Rockets were not after Rondo and that they intended to extend Beverley's contract. The Rockets money can be better spent elsewhere. But the Rockets do need to have a backup guard better at playmaking than who we have now.
    I'm a Morey fan.
    Not my home town. But I've been following the Rockets for more than 10 years now.

A side note: the Rockets have not won anything meaningful yet this season.

I like this year's Rockets team very much. But the slip in effort in first quarters during the last a few games have been painful to watch to me. They might be mentally (and/or physically) tired now. But they will have to CONSISTENTLY fight through 82 games just to earn themselves a better playoff spot in the brutal West conference. Keep it up Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  9. wise_man

wise_man Member

Well, u gave ur ten I will give my five why they are not contenders and how they can improve.
    1.) Mediocre regular season coach and horrible playoffs coach.
    Unfortunately therez nothing we can do about him this year.
    2) we lead the league in three pointers, but not hitting them at a consistent level unlike carlos delfino two years ago. Add to the problem daniels is gone and cannon is being benched for mchale reasons.
    If morey wants to win then sign a guy like kyle krover and ryan anderson. Go all in cos the time is now.
    3.) We are asking too much from hardeen while making him play outrageous minutes.
    Cannon should be beverlys backup and terry should back up hardeen.
    4) theres no one on our team that can create plays for others at a high level....sorry to say this, but yes we do miss parsons.
    Morey should have pulled the trigger on rondo or atleast get dragic .
    5.) Les alexander should be willing to go over the cap space.
    Trade t-jones and capella and a second rounder for brandon wright from the celtics, give pelicans their pick back and nick jhonson/papaniklauo for ryan anderson and trade cannon / black /schved and some picks for dragic......
    I know this sounds crazy, but if u want to win in da west u gotta be crazy and bold enough like mark cuban. Morey plz dont waste dwight howard, hardeens, arizas prime years on subpar players like u did with t-mac and yao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. wise_man

wise_man Member

I mean theres no one on our team who can create plays for others besides hardeen, so come playoffs and u double team hardeen we are out da door again.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Heres to you and I agree with this thankfulness !

Merry Christmas everyone !

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Daryl Morey

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Harden is not even going to be mentioned in the DPOY voting.

This team is very close. I still feel like they aren't quite there yet. I still feel like they are one or two pieces away from being there. I like the Brewer and Shved moves, I think they make us a little better and a little bit deeper, but they aren't quite enough yet.

They definitely are not the best sports announcers in the world.... but I enjoy watching them too. Even when the Rockets are on a national station, I usually still watch it on with Bill, Bull and Clyde (and Calvin Murphy). Yes, they are blatant homers. But so am I. So I enjoy hearing the game from a Rockets perspective.

I have tickets tonight to the game against Portland. Go Rockets!

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is a terrible, terrible, terrible statement.

Seriously, what has Mark Cuban done to get praise like that? His team won one championship in 2011, and that makes him the definition of a winner in the West? You bring Mark Cuban instead of Greg Popovich and RC Buford, who have won 5 championships, and have done it because they haven't been "crazy and bold"?

And why did the Mavs win that championship that year? Because Dirk, a player that Cuban inherited when he bought the team and didn't do anything to get, played out of his mind in the playoffs that year.

And then, after they won the championship, Mark Cuban was so "crazy and bold" that he let several of the key pieces from that championship team leave through free agency and trades to try to chase another star (Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony)

I'm assuming you are calling Mark Cuban "crazy and bold" because he traded for Rondo? And after Rondo has had only one game playing with the Mavs, you are declaring that a crazy and bold move to win in the West?

15. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol dunno if he was serious or trolling

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

5 Star thread, don't let the negative people get you down. Though I'm not happy with Mchale as coach, I still love my Rockets in spite of him. I think he has done a better job this year than last. Also we have Morey as GM and I believe in his abilities.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

1/10 for a trolling post.

18. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Two Reasons
    1. Darnell
    2. Morlay

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Word!