1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(1) Sluggish,but a win is a win (2) oh,oh ... oh,no ... not again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Nov 2, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnrox

johnrox Member

2. snc

snc Member

I've "lurked" for a long time before posting but damn I wish I found this place sooner. I love **** like this...

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bibby, Tmac and Yao. 3 max players?

I know Les is high on China, but ...

4. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

I WANT to be dissapointed. I hope there's no trade

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

T(rade) M(ark) could mean:

-Tracy McGrady is the trade mark, or trade target, of another team.
    -Trademark is Jerry West, who has strong ties to the LA Lakers.

...The term "sluggish" is emphasized in the thread title and his post. Rafer Alston was very sluggish with his passes...

...The complaining 'star' sounds like Steve Francis because...well..he's complaining...

...The aging African sounds like Deke. But that seems a little too obvious. I've got nothing here...

My first guess is Tmac, Rafer, Francis, Dikembe for Kobe and Radmanovic.

The part about hurting the Rockets' pocket might have something to do with Kobe signing an extension. An extension that might not be ideal in length considering his age.

"oh,oh...oh,no...not again" in the thread title must imply something. Need help on this one.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

OK. Trade Mark is the Denver GM.

African is Kenyon Martin.

We're trading with the Nugs.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anyone else NOT want Kobe? I would just go with whom we have.....Tmac is looking really good, and is far less selfish of a player.

DD

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The cap rules were different, but he did pay Chuck, Hakeem and Clyde big bucks for a while. It's not completely out of the question, just look at Boston.

9. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Well Morey already came out and said Tmac wasn't going to be traded for Kobe. So if your not trading him for kobe, then I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. And Les would never trade Yao, due to all the money Yao brings in, and I doubt you trade the last dominant center in the league.

Marion and Kobe have been the big complainers of the offseason, and Diaw isn't exactly aging, but doesn't have the best.

The biggest contradictions in his trade rumor is that we are trading for a star and a bad contract, but we are only sending out 4-5 million with Stevie and Mutumbo, and then theres the question of when can we trade them. So to get back a player(s) with significant salary we are going to have to include either Rafer, Mike James or Shane battier. Other then them, we simply dont have the contracts to bring in a Star player. So does that mean either Yao or Tracy is on the block?

I know everyone says the OP is a credible insider, but what he says doesn't really make much sense. Sending out Francis and Mutumbo, wont get us someone who is paid more then 5 million. And I don't see us trading our other pieces like mike James or Battier.

So if a big trade is going to go down, Tmac is on his way out.

#109 madmonkey37, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I thought it probably referred to trading Francis again.

11. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

i agree with madmonkey because it will help me go to sleep easier. good night, i can't wait to see what comes of this tomorrow. i really hope it fizzles so that this team can develop.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Bah, face it we are getting the shaft either way.. You don't give up nothing and recieve some star, I just hope we don't lose T-Mac or any of our upcoming hype like Scola

13. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

As posted previously.. SF3 cant be traded til Dec 15th and Deke Jan 1.

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

As far as I am aware, Kobe Bryant is the only NBA player with a no-trade clause.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

but he said oh no not again. Last time I checked, when we traded francis it wasn't an "oh no" moment, its was more like a "YEAAAHAHH TAKE THAT YOU LOSER MAGIC FANS WE OWNED YOU ALL AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA"

Though I recall a few fans actually mad

16. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I second that. I hate Kobes guts, even though he is a better player. I'll have a hard time rooting for a team with kobe on it. I mean everytime he he smiles or does an interview, its just so damn fake.

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

After watching tonight's game, I agree with you. Although, I wouldn't be COMPLETELY angry if Kobe is who the Rockets got in return.

All I'm trying to do is figure out the puzzle. I love this kind of stuff.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I assumed it was Francis and Mutombo. But if McGrady or Yao are indeed involved give a hint! Is it that big? Never gonna sleep... Just gonna sit here and watch the onslaught that this thread will become.

19. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

anyone else notice in his second encryption "team WAS"

could washington be a player here? Arenas? Jamison would be an interesting addition as a PF.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol. Love all the analyzing going on ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.