1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(1) Sluggish,but a win is a win (2) oh,oh ... oh,no ... not again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Nov 2, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Oh, and...

Mark Warkentien... Denver GM :eek: !

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Big stretch.... Mark Bryant (Kobe?).

3. johnrox

johnrox Member

yeah this came to my mind

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Man I didn't even read the name of the poster but as soon as read that cryptic post and implying a trade, my heart jumped. I knew who that was.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope it is not Yao for Kobe......

Which would SUCK !!!

I don't want Kobe at the cost of Yao or Tmac.

DD

#85 DaDakota, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I can't imagine that T-Mac would be complaining, but I guess he's done it before.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let me try cracking the Da Vinci code,

He started with "Did ya hear ...", that's a known fact out there we should all know

complaining stars

Kobe, AK47, Matrix

Aging African, someone old. I dont see anybody on the either of those 3 team's roster. I have no idea on this one

Setting sun, that could mean somewhere west, or some old glorious team, which is Chicago.

another complaining star, again one of the above three. An aging contract, that could mean a lengthy contract associated with that complaining star

Since Morey has told Chron Rockets are not in talks for a Kobe-Tmac trade, I think we can rule that possiblilty out. I am guessing this has to do with the Kobe trade to Chicago, somehow a blockbuster trade that we are involved to get either AK47 or Marion.

8. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

no use trying to decode oeilpere's post. you'll go crazy. I hope to God its not tmac, and i sure as HELL hope its not yao :mad:

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

im so happy for the rockets. 2-0 road. back to back mavs/spurs soon though...!!

10. johnrox

johnrox Member

it is making me go crazy now!

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I don't know about you guys, but if there is any validity to that post it sounds like a trade for one and only one player: Kobe Bryant. What are we giving up in return? It would have to be T-Mac because I don't foresee Le$ ever parting with Yao "Cash Cow" Ming, not even for Kobe in his prime.

The only reason I can't ever dismiss that scenario is that Le$ LOVES making a splash and creating a massive buzz around town/the league and in the media. Moreover, Lakers are the only team in the league that would HAVE to get another big name player in return for Kobe because LA fans won't show up for a rebuilding franchise. What better option would LA have than getting T-Mac and may be some help up front (Deke?).

Overall, it's highly unlikely that this comes to fruition, but again I can't completely dismiss it out of hand because I know how Le$ would react to the prospect of landing Kobe, even at the cost of "team chemistry" and other things.

12. DaDakota

Wait a minute...Bibby.....contract for a long long time.....I think you may have it...

Francis, Deke, Snyder...filler for Bibby.....it makes sense......and Bibby knows Adelman's system inside and out.....

EUREKA !!!

DD

13. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

if tracy, yao, battier, scola, mike james, bonzi, are touched (unless we really get someone great) i'm not happy about whatever could go down. i think we really may have something here and its too early to say that we won't do great things. please lets just try to see how this team works out before we go screwing with expensive contracts and complaining stars...

WHY MUST YOU POST THINGS LIKE THIS (and actually have credibility)!!!!

14. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I hope the trade goes through. All this suspense is building and if nothing happens, it would be an epic proportion of disappointment.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Tmac isnt complaining. Tmac + Deke for Kobe? I dont see Laker is doing that trade.

16. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

17. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

bibby only has this year and next remaining. $13,500,000, and $14,500,000.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

That filler needs to make about 10 mil to get Bibby.

19. DaDakota

Unless it involves Marion in a three way and using the Suns trade exception that they acquired from Seattle....and sense the Rockets are already over the cap.....maybe they are going after Bibby....

DD

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Francis+Deke on their own won't even get a MLE level player. Adding Snyder to the mix changes that though.

I'll take setting to mean a team in the Pacific division.

Francis+Deke+Snyder after Jan 1st can nab any of these players.

Radmanovic or Tim Thomas both have no long contracts and a history of complaining. Loosely you could say those two can play the 4 in a way Rashard does who Morey was keen on in free agency.

Kenny Thomas or SAR have been hating on each other and complaining about playing time. SAR can cover C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.