1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(1) Sluggish,but a win is a win (2) oh,oh ... oh,no ... not again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Nov 2, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what the heck?! i know for a fact that popeye did not make this post.

what? you don't think I don't know who made this post?

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

So this is a tease for nothing.
    Guys were fighting each on this. :D

3. Vivid

Vivid Member

How do you know it isn't pops?

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

maybe he did die.

5. SgtSneaker

SgtSneaker Member

LOL! Now you're refuting a cryptic message with another cryptic message. Fess up. How is it you know "for a fact" it wasn't OP?

Regardless, I hope you are right because I'd much rather this be a ruse than to have the possibility of losing T-Mac or Yao --not that I interpret the riddle to mean that. Would just make sleeping a little easier.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

let me put it this way: I'd get banned if I told you who Doc Rocket was, and I'd get banned if I told you how I know this is not popeye. So, should I just ban myself?

btw: you might want to consider changing your password. :p

7. wingz0

wingz0 Member

And let me try and put 2 and 2 together.

You trying to imply that Doc Rocket got hold of OP's account after he passed away and posted this under OP's name? :cool:

Either way, what's important here's the riddle. I don't think what OP's trying to tell us changes whether or not it's him posting.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Haven't finished the thread yet.. but Adelman played on the Rockets, right? Was it during the time Rudy T played? Hence the return to insider activity on oily's part?

Popeye = Rudy T? Old buddy talking to old buddy?

9. SgtSneaker

SgtSneaker Member

Awww... c'mon. You can leak the true identity of an insider. Even if you did get caught and banned, you could just change your nick to ScooterLibby and George W. would commute your sentence. ;)

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely not. Let me put it this way: No one is more obsessed with ClutchFans BBS history/culture/etc. than heypartner. He has been very interested in oeilpere (popeye) for a long time ... he's made posts on the board about it, but he used to ask me if I heard that he passed away, etc. I didn't know oeilpere personally... no clue who he was. Jeff met him once I believe at the Compaq Center... I think during the Save Our Rockets days. oeilpere would email me from time to time, and was always good-hearted and respectful, but I stopped hearing from him as the board did. I've sent a few emails over the years, and I've never heard back on any of them. As I mentioned before, the email he registered with does not exist on Yahoo!.

Furthermore, oeilpere has not logged in since those posts.

So this was fishy to me to begin with ... but when oeilpere makes a post 4+ years after his last one, and heypartner has nothing to say as days pass by? No replies at all. That's when I honestly suspected he might be behind it in some way, but I emailed him at all three email accounts that he had and he didn't reply back to me.

This looks like a post-Rockets game, drunk-on-the-weekend confession post from heypartner, but I don't know. Until he explains further, I'm closing this thread and he's not welcome back on the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.