1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Feb 20, 2015.

?

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2015.
  1. Disappointed at the time and still Disappointed now

30.9%
  2. Disappointed at the time and Mixed now

15.9%
  3. Disappointed at the time and Happy now

2.2%
  4. Mixed at the time and Disappointed now

1.6%
  5. Mixed at the time and still Mixed now

22.9%
  6. Mixed at the time and Happy now

9.6%
  7. Happy at the time and Disappointed now

0.3%
  8. Happy at the time and Mixed now

1.0%
  9. Happy at the time and still Happy now

15.6%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

getting prigioni is a quick fix band aid. we need a starting PG who will battle with this team in playoff games, gaining experience for the following year. that's how teams learn to advance. not by running a turnstile every year in hopes of eventually landing that elusive 3rd star. holding onto the NOP is clear indication that the front office is most definitely not In Pursuit and instead values flexibility more than making the most out of harden's MVP season.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the time 'Worse things could have happened'

Now Mixed feelings- We are still not a successfull postseason team until everyone steps it up

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great point. You have to wonder how people would be grading the trade deadline if we had gotten Brewer, Smith, Prigioni and McDaniels.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Have up a 2nd for shevd then another for KJ

Could've easy had shumpert a more experienced KJ along time ago for those 2nds

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I liked the KJ trade when it happened, and I feel he can be a good bench player.
    Prigioni is better than Shved, but I am disappointed that we couldn't get a better PG. I never expected a Knight, or Lawson. When Augustin and Thomas were traded, I was surprised, and thought that DM could have gotten either one of them, but now I realize that the asking price was too high. I was sad that we couldn't get Jarrett Jack.

I don't think we can get anyone from the potential buyouts. I would be surprised and pleased if Perkins joined us. He can definitely help us in the playoffs. Cutting Dorsey for him, will not hurt the team.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

uugghhh ... glaring weaknesses remain.

PG--we need an upgrade from Bev, so Bev could be our back-up. Instead Morey gets a back-up PG who is as old as Terry. Problems remain with the starting unit.

C--we need a better back-up to Dwight and a starter while Dwight is out. Really? OKC inquired about Brook and got Enes. Morey doesn't even do anything?

3pt shooter--we need a knockdown 3pt shooter. c'mon you trade away Canaan and Daniels without bringing in a replacement. You expect Prigs to be our cavalry here?

Yah think if Harden was pushing for us to pick up Perkins, he was satisfied with our moves? Naah, that guy is smart. He knows this is a FAIL especially in the context of what OKC and POR were able to do.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Happy yesterday and still happy today.

9. dmoneybangbang

I never understood this type of reasoning.... You honestly think Morey is a gm who isn't constantly making calls, trying to establish a price for a player?

10. pass_to_Hakeem

I'm not gonna pick on you but I'm definitely venting now on this thread. I don't for the life of me believe that WE HAD to land a Goran or Ty Lawson
    in order to become a Championship contender. While I DO agree Beverly is a 3rd-4th tier pg, Goran or Ty Lawson wasn't gonna be the final piece to win you a Championship!!!

The Rockets WITHOUT Goran or Ty are in 4th place in the West and neither of the 3 guards you mentioned would of come in and accepted the role of handling the ball 20-30 % of the time and I WOULDNT WANT them to get anymore than that or it's taken the ball out of Harden's hands and risking us games!!!

I prefer more than Goran or Ty a healthy Dwight Howard and the team we have now..... who are currently 4th in the West.. to remain healthy and keep jelling and building that Team Chemistry!!!

You don't just make a move to "make a move"

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

2015 roster:

C- howard
    C- Capela
    PF- DMo
    PF- jones
    SF- Ariza
    SF/SG- McDaniel
    SG- Harden
    SG- Johnson
    PG- Bev

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Two superstars(one is always injured) with some sub par players...

This is Yao-Mac era all over again...

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Most people won't want to hear it but Morey didn't make a big splash because he doesn't think we're one big splash away from winning a title. He's the most calculating GM in the league and his lack of action says a lot about how he views this team.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Proof is is in the results. Does your boss pay you for your effort without results?

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'm not sure how you can look at this trade deadline and not be disappointed, honestly. I suspect even Morey's disappointed with the way things went. That's not to say he screwed anything up. Even if yesterday's trades were shrewd, they didn't really move the needle. The team is close to being a real contender, but isn't much closer than it was at this time last year, even with Harden having an MVP-type season, so yeah, it's disappointing.

When a player like Dragic, who would be a great fit here, becomes available and we can't make it happen for whatever reason, that's disappointing. It looks like we're headed for another early playoff exit. Getting Brewer and Smith has been great, but by the time Morey cashes in our assets for someone like Dragic who can really move the needle, they're not likely to be here.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It is too early to tell but what I like is that Morey refused to break up the chemistry we currently have. As much as we have certain woes on our offensive side this season, Morey was intent on keeping the pieces that have kept us in pretty good standings in the tough West. I really hope Prigioni works out. We need players that are smart distributors. Has anyone here actually watched the guy play on the knicks? He can shoot the three and he actually knows how to pass the ball. That is something this team has severely regressed in since the beginning of the season and last season. We need to be able to get Dwight the ball which is something Parsons was under rated at. Harden needs to focus on getting the ball to the hoop and then if he can't shoot, distribute. Prigioni should help with that. Now at 37 he can't play the minutes that we want him to but that's why we also have Terry and Beverly. This team is not far off from being contenders. DMO has stepped up. Most importantly Josh Smith is looking like a smarter Josh Smith than even the one in Atlanta. If Dwight can get Healthy and learn to pass better then we will be extremely deadly. That front court is scarier than the one we had last season.The ball just can not get sticky and we have to play with a sense of urgency. Right now we do have some good pieces and talent. It is now about keeping wveryone healthy, managing their minutes and coaching. Morey has done his work, let's see if Mchale can now get everyone to play better team ball and not iso the best players all the time.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Having dwight's health loom over all this makes much harder to calculate.

We're ****ng cursed

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Morey is a good GM. That goes without saying, but the book on Morey has yet to be written. If we end up getting bounced early in the playoffs again, there will some legitimate questions regarding his approach (i.e. flexibility) in building a contender.

I know a lot of people are upset tonight, but playing bad and losing do happen. Just check the scoreboard from last night (Hi Portland). Let's see if Morey acquisitions can smooth out the wrinkles on this team.

Longer term, a capable starting pg is needed, so whether by trade in the offseason or by the draft, Morey must address that issue. Harden will be done in his early 30s if he has to do all the lifting to create baskets.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

McDaniels has that rare ability to float in the air on dunks and putbacks