1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Feb 20, 2015.

?

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2015.
  1. Disappointed at the time and still Disappointed now

30.9%
  2. Disappointed at the time and Mixed now

15.9%
  3. Disappointed at the time and Happy now

2.2%
  4. Mixed at the time and Disappointed now

1.6%
  5. Mixed at the time and still Mixed now

22.9%
  6. Mixed at the time and Happy now

9.6%
  7. Happy at the time and Disappointed now

0.3%
  8. Happy at the time and Mixed now

1.0%
  9. Happy at the time and still Happy now

15.6%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

2. Nero

Nero Member

I am kind of wishing Bosh had gone to the hospital earlier in the week.

Something tells me Dragic may have had just a little more to think about, and I suspect that right about now, he is feeling a little bit ambushed.

Good for him. Just like Bosh, he went for the money, and clearly no shot at a ring. Enjoy winning 35 games a season for the next five years, Gogi.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can you see the future ?

and every player plays for money

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Rockets did a great job in getting stability and also a good young player for the future

5. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Look It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's a Rockets Fan ..... no, just a MOF.:)

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm not dissapointed really. I'm just indifferent. We needed another playmaker but we didn't get one. I think Morey focused too much on Dragic, but Dragic didn't want to play here, so we should have been chasing Brandon Knight who Milwaukee obviously was willing to trade or even MCW.

However, I don't think Morey could have really done anything better than what he did. Prigioni is questionable, but he is a good shooter and some data from 82games.com indicates that he helps team defense. Not a great addition, but I think he could help a bit.

KJ McDaniels was a nice addition thought. I hate to see Canaan go, but if he wasn't getting any PT here, maybe it's best for both parties to split ways. McDaniels is defensively sound and is a good transition finisher. Not to mention he is a rookie, and if we can manage to keep him, he could develop into a very capable player.

We'll only see Prigioni, McDaniels, Brewer play together in garbage time, but we'll a lot of steals and a lot of fastbreak finishes.

http://www.82games.com/1415/14NYK2.HTM

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Disappointed at the time, mixed now.

Really would have loved to see an impact guard added to the roster to compliment Harden / be able to pick up the slack when Harden is on the bench. Dragic/Knight type players. But the price was too high. I REALLY wanted Brandon Knight and had been stumping for him for weeks. I thought at 23yrs old he would be a GREAT compliment to Harden and would be young enough to grow with the team. I would have been fine paying him 12M/per.

Prigs doesn't excite me at all. But I have a feeling he will surprise me some. If the 2nd unit gets out and runs I have a feeing Prigs can feed Brewer/Smith/Ariza on the break and create some easy transition buckets while Harden is the on the bench.

KJ, I am excited about because of his athleticism and upside. I see Iguodala and Gerald Wallace in his game. He is a nice asset but I doubt he will get any run this year.

I am just worried that Harden will be bottled up at playoff time with double teams and not having that other scoring guard will hurt.

I like that the team still has roster flexibility going forward. The Rockets still have TJones on the roster. They still have the NOP pick and the NYK 2nd round pick. Lots of options going forward for "the right piece."

I like Dragic a lot. But I have a feeling the Rockets dodged a bullet in having to pay him 5 years MAX money.

8. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Does anyone think that Morey didn't offer the NOP pick because of maybe the question marks regarding dwight?

I was really disappointed moray didn't offer it even if it was for a tragic rental because i thought he would propel us to legit championship contender...

Now that i think about it maybe Morey didn't want to go allin because he couldn't? Everything I've read so far about dwight has been positive (THANK GOD) so its just theory , but one i think would have def prevented me from offering the NOP pick....thoughts?

9. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm just glad we didn't make a move to just make one.... Oh wait, we did

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#flexability

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Mixed then Mixed now

I like the moves by themselves. The entire trade season the Rockets got
    Corey Brewer
    Pablo Prigioni
    KJ McDaniels

For
    Troy Daniels
    Isaiah Caanan
    Low 2nd round picks

Rockets get rotation players and some upside for non-rotation players. Very good value deals

Still I dont like seeing Rockets DIRECT competition getting better in the arms race as a whole, even if it is "sexy" names that Thunder, Blazers and Mavs arr getting

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

The **** kinda answer choices are those?! Lol...

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I voted (thanks for the public poll, OP!) "mixed and mixed," which is better than disappointed and confused, my initial feelings. I quickly learned what I could about McDaniels and began to get excited about landing the 22 year old. Big, BIG upside, in my opinion. Someone's said it already, I'm sure, but I'm hoping he's another player that blows up after coming here, like Lowry and Dragic, just a different position. There's a good chance of that, too, in my opinion.

Our new 37 year old pure point guard? I knew a little about him, and since everyone else I thought Morey might get, he didn't get, this guy's a nice consolation prize. One that will end up being a productive member of the rotation. Yeah, a pure point guard. I was beginning to wonder if this year's team would ever have one. Morey could have done a lot worse.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I
    Think there are reasons to be disappointed, regardless of what we gave up. Some of us believe we needed to take another step towards contention, so disappointment that we didn't make a move to meaningfully strengthen our team is reasonable.

I am now mixed on our trade deadline moves. The lack of a major move could be an indication that there is a great deal of uncertainty around Dwight's health in the near term, for a playoff run. Morey alluded to the health uncertainty this morning. It also might just be a product of there not being a good deal out there.

I liked both of the players we got, and I liked that we kept our cap flexibility and all of our best young talent and picks.

15. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Brilliant. Definitely not a waste of my time to read that tripe.

16. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Need an option for eh

Minor upgrades, could be something if McDaniels grows.

17. HRox832

HRox832 Member

A little disappointed. I'm glad we did something, but we could've done much more.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We have more wing depth. Kinda sad we couldn't nab a big to replace Dorsey.

19. calcium

calcium Member

I think the team is stronger on paper with the trade.

And it would depend if McHale suits them up at all.

20. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

With the poll at 238 votes now, if you look at the general sentiment meter, right at 50% of us felt better than we did yesterday about the trades. This is regardless of whether we still may have mixed feelings about it.

sociological analysis blip, now i'm out