1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[06/28/11] After practice interviews with Williams, Patterson and Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblaze, Jun 28, 2011.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Terrence Williams
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LIjTDa_zkQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Patrick Patterson
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oIsHNkmR1jM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hasheem Thabeet
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c4_1zHT2Swg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd post them]

5 people like this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think Terrence Williams hates Jason Friedman.

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Patterson is the man or the patsquatch

1 person likes this.
  4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Lets see how much Jordan Hill improved.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Hmmmm Pat says Jordan Hill's been improving more than anyone else. We'll see how true that is when the season starts and how much he committed himself to the weight room. (If he's not traded for Biedrins by then).

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I didn't get that vibe at all. He actually seemed looser and more upbeat than usual (understandably so, with the new coaching staff)... T-Will's always been a stiff interviewee.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

"Most impressed by Jordan Hill"

is this why Morey didn't want him as a package for Biedrins

8. Dei

Dei Member

Wow, I'm really liking Terrence Williams, now.

Jason's still so god-damn talky. Nice guy and all but his interviews are really grating. And those god-damn hand gestures...

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Terrence Williams called our draft picks "a big and two shooters". I guess he's already trying to put down Marcus Morris, because he knows his window at trying out for Rockets SF just closed shut.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Patterson's a solid dude.

11. TheGoldenGreek

Hey, you know, Hasheem Thabeet's interview was great, you know?

12. Seven

Disagree...he's a good interviewer. The players are more comfortable this way. If he's sticks to the questions too much, he would seem disinterested.

13. Seven

On his free time, Thabeet enjoys photography, writing, and painting pictures of nature!

TWill enjoys writting poetry. #wordapp

On a sidenote, Chase plays beer pong with Shane.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You know, athletes... you know. They're not very, you know... good at, you know. Talking. You know? You know, how many players have just said 'you know' constantly during interviews, you know?

Don't get me started on 'man'. ;)

15. Htown's2kFinest

How you know if he wasn't talking about Donatas Motiejunas as the big and the other two as shooters?

16. valorita

valorita Member

Some quick thoughts.
    - Thabeet genuinely seems like a really nice guy. It's hard to not like this guy and root against him after watching that interview. I feel like McHale will most benefit him because he seems like the type that needs air blown up his arse and encouragement to instill some confidence in him. Also Jason's shoulders are about as broad as Thabeet's. He definitely needs some sand in his pants. It's not his offense that needs improving but his strength and coordination. I want him to just focus on getting stronger and being a beast on defense and rebounding. Getting stronger is key for him.

-Patterson is a pro. He has that "come-to-work" everyday attitude that inspires his teammates to compete and work even harder. In order for him to be able to replace Scola and be our future PF, he understands that he needs to work on his post up game. He only had watered down scola's up&under scoop shot last year. I really hope he can develop a jump hook and some counter moves on the block. This is the year that we'll be able to see what kind of ceiling he will have as an NBA player. He is also a good candidate for Shane's successor as the most articulate on the team.

-T Willy. What can I say about this guy? I know we all think that Morris will supplant Chase at the SF spot, but my dark horse is T Will. Morris is not ready for the rigors of the NBA as a rookie and we should not expect much out of him early despite CX's undying devotion. T Will has the size, athleticism, and skills to play the slashing/playmaking SF on our team. His skill set is such a premium on our team. I almost want to promote him to SF and keep Chase on the 2nd unit because each is suited for that role much better. I'm glad that he has a friend in Flynn. His demeanor is still somewhat lacking but I wonder if it's just his personality and not his attitude.

-Shout out to J Hill for getting props from his teammate. I remember people saying that Brooks and Lowry had really improved a couple years ago and it showed on the court. Hopefully J Hill's aggressiveness will translate as well. We all want to trade Hill but I clearly remember him showing flashes of brilliance as well, notably his defense on Pau and that time when he single handedly kept us in a half with his offense. That being said, I really think that the dreads need to go.

-Morris, DMo (no parsons?) both seem to fit into our "culture" as competitors. I'm glad that Morris can guard a little bit on the perimeter and utilizes his post game against smaller players. I love DMo's aggressiveness. Supposedly he can jump too which supports a report I've read where it claims he has a 35+ vertical. I'm glad that Lowry is there with these guys because I think it's important for the younger players to relate to the veterans to feel like they are a part of the team.

17. jets fool

jets fool Member

Jordan hill improving..i remember a few weaks ago klow tweeted he saw jhill hit 9 threes in a row who knows maby he has been bustin his ass on his free time..not sayin he's gonna knockin em down every night

18. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

1. It's pretty funny to notice certain things that TW and PatPat says in the interviews. TW is trying to place Marcus in the PF category while PatPat is putting him in the SF position. Fightin relentlessly to keep their jobs haha

2. It's good to hear that DMo is working hard on his game after hearing about his possible lack of work ethic.

3. Too bad PatPat doesn't have a PS3, cause I would definitely friend request him!

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, Jason is a very good interviewer. I like T-Will, hope he gets a fair shot to play. Patterson is just, wow. He sounds like a coach. He has got to be the future PF. Thabeet, stands for not here for long. Oh how I wish he would shock the world and actually become NBA material.

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So we learned that everyone is competing but more importantly we learned that...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.