1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

03-04 Rockets Season Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AMS, Apr 29, 2004.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

:eek: Wow! Poetic in a bizarre sort of way. I don't subscribe to the minor tweaking theory, there is something fatally wrong about this team, like they can't handle or protect the ball and can't shoot well consistently. However, I am a bit short of the "evil freak" theory. ;)

2. sup123

sup123 Member

thank you for the turnovers. :rolleyes:

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Thank you for Jessica Rox, the best power dancer of them all...;)

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

What he could have been is what I am saying. Yes he sucked, but he had the talent to do what some of those players did this year for their teams.

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The regular season was a complete disaster. 45 wins? Pathetic. They got that three years ago with Steve and and an aging Hakeem, and only missed the playoffs because the west was ridiculous that year- and they lost nine games to sub-500 teams.

I expected 50 or more wins this year, and the Rockets never came close to looking like they could do that. I expected much more from a team with this much talent.

However, the first four playoff games were completely different. The Rockets played their best ball when it mattered. I was most thrilled to see Steve step up. Unfortunately, the role players were abysmal, with Jim Jackson leading the pack. Yao was okay- nice to see him match Shaq's production. But I haven't enjoyed watching the Rockets play as much as I did during the playoffs since 1997.

Crucial mistakes from once reliable players cost the Rockets this series- and this season. They could have easily gone to a game 7.

Correct the turnover problem, put some more points on the board, and play good D for an entire season, and they might have something. Also, Yao needs to start playing with some sack.

Anything less than 54 wins and the fourth seed next year would be an absolute failure.