1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“WE DID NOT COME TO PLAY”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

There are lots of quotes by Beria that can be applicable to the current situation in our government.....

Deckard likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

"Much Adoo about nothing"

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's not hard to find criminals in Washington. Put a microscope on most of them, and you'll find plenty of crimes to charge.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even if that was actually true, does that make committing crimes fine and dandy?

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Maybe with the people you hang out with.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

drain the swamp amirite

dachuda86 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No, that wasn't my point. My point is that I am not surprised Mueller found some charges after poking around and lifting up some rocks.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You've never been to a govt meeting have you?

9. larsv8

Well now that wasn't your point at all, now was it.

Your point seemed to imply that since the investigation had taken so long, and Trump hasn't been charged, he did nothing wrong.

Newlin likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As of right now, there's no evidence that Trump is guilty of anything serious that could actually stick. Despite Mueller's best efforts to find anything to avenge his friend Comey, he's thus far come up short. Now that doesn't mean you guys can't hold out hope that he'll some day find something that matters....I mean we know he's going to keep looking either till he finds something or Trump's time in office comes to an end naturally (possibly after re-election), so there's always some room to hope for a miracle, there's just not really any reason to think it'll actually happen.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

My point does imply that, because it is possible that Mueller is mistaken and trying to save face by racking up charges to impress small minded people. He is going to have a target on his back for wasting everyone's time and resources when it comes out that he failed to find conclusive evidence to convict Trump of anything.

What I deny my point being is the idea that crimes are OK for partisan reasons. I want to see Trump behind bars just as much as you if he did something wrong, but realistically Mueller could have bitten off more than he can chew. And the longer this goes, the more likely that is.

12. larsv8

Based on what we have seen, if thats the conclusion you have drawn....well....I don't know what to tell you.

The context clues here paint a pretty clear picture, and its quite the opposite of your "possibility". Buy hey, we won't know, till we know.

But I will speak to your target comment. Mueller has already made money on the deal (Via Manaforts assets) and exposed massive corruption both in the Trump campaign and also put a spotlight on how Russia was meddling, that in itself has already made the probe worthwhile. Despite what you might believe, this was never about "getting Trump"

Deckard likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Fair enough, but it definitely did seem like it was targeting Trump. In fact, I imagine if Trump is guilty, then the long game would be to get people tied to him to make plea deals first, which does take time. However, this is just one possibility. The other possibility, is that the investigation was launched on faulty intelligence, and Mueller and Co. are taking measures to save face and get as many charges into one report as possible, in an effort to say see, we did good didn't we. Which I won't argue, rooting out criminal actions is great! But let's not pretend this was never about Trump. It was always about Trump.

My main point of view on this is release the report already! I can't wait to see the results either way. And if Trump blocks the release of the findings, then I will definitely lean more toward assuming his guilt. Still, a clear action needs to be taken and our Justice system needs to attempt to do its job.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Investigations of this nature are known to take years, not months. Perhaps the reason it is taken so long is because of the extent of the crimes

15. adoo

adoo Member

The anti-thesis of the Trump chump, Devin Nunes, these new House chairs have said
    they will investigate the president-a turn of event that has put Trump on the defensive

[​IMG]
    On Dec 19, 2018 the Treasury Department notified Congress that it intends to terminate sanctions against three companies tied to Russin oligarch w ties to Putin, Oleg Deripaska.

Today, these House Chairs wrote Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin requesting a briefing for Members of Congress and a postponement of the sanctions termination until Members’ questions are resolved.

“We request that you be available for a meeting with all interested Members,
    in an appropriate setting to allow for a full discussion of all aspects of the agreement,
    the sanctions termination and the impact these decisions would have on the U.S. effort
    to end Russia’s malign activities aimed at our country.”​

#35 adoo, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Deckard likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    These new House chairs have said
    they will investigate the president-a turn of event that has put Trump on the defensive

on Dec 18, 2018, the Treasury notified Congress that it intends to end sanctions against the 3 co owned by Russian oligarch Oleg Daripaska.

today, these new Dem House chairs wrote to Treasury Mnuchin demanding an explanation for the sanction termination

“We request that you be available for a meeting with all interested Members,
    in an appropriate setting to allow for a full discussion of all aspects of the agreement,
    the sanctions termination and the impact these decisions would have on
    the U.S. effort to end Russia’s malign activities aimed at our country.”

https://benniethompson.house.gov/me...and-answers-sanctions-relief-russian-oligarch

#36 adoo, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  17. adoo

adoo Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

19. adoo

adoo Member

xxxxxxxxx

20. adoo

adoo Member

xxxxxxxxxxxx