1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Some of these players do not like James Harden” -Brian Windhorst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 17, 2019.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Espn apparently is doing a feature on Harden soon and Windhorst asked players about James and this was what he said.

BigShasta and JBAC123 like this.
  2. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

classic

espn is gonna use this to rob harden of mvp again. crazy

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They don't have to like him. Just respect him.

2016 Players MVP

Zergling, htwnbandit, Deuce and 26 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

stems from jealousy...Harden is able to get to the line at will, and they can’t figure out why they’re not able to do the same...it frustrates them

no doubt they feel that Harden is reffed differently than they are

this all stems from jealousy/envy

5. rocketseagles07

Giannis should probably be mvp. But beyond that... this goes against you guys media narrative again. Fans don’t like harden, players don’t like him, etc.

And it’s ALWAYS going to be that way. Even if he wins a ring, it will still be because of calls or traveling or whatever.

And I’ll NEVER CARE... get a ring beard. The mvp’s and everything is just more ammo for the haters to throw it back in our face if he doesn’t win a ring. His job is to win basketball games not to be liked. F EM!!

naldodiaz, SWTsig, jdjd and 6 others like this.
  6. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Only player he ever talks to is Lebum and only when he wants to use him like a puppet.

7. biff17

biff17 Member

Yep!

dje243 and Tfor3 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

No one likes James Harden.
    Not fans, not media, not players.
    NEXT.

Riz, s3ts, malakas and 3 others like this.
  9. rocketsmetalspd

I am old school, where players didn't like other players from other teams. I hope Harden wins a Chip and shuts all his haters up.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In the first place, you'd have to believe the chump, and that's asking a lot. In the second place, if he shocked the world and was right, who the hell cares?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

to me it’s more like fans on social media/places like Reddit don’t like him (and tbh, most of the fools I see hating, especially on Reddit, are Laker and Warrior fans)

I doubt it’s more than a handful of players who don’t like him either

at the end of the day

-6th best selling jersey
    -voted in as a starter for the AS game 2 years in a row with more fan votes than guys like Westbrook who you’d swear was everybody’s favorite player
    -face of Adidas basketball
    -1 of the top off-court earners

Harden gets way more love than hate in real life

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm not sure a lot of players like LeBron, or Westbrook, or KD either. It's really hard to be the best and the most liked at the same time.

sirbaihu, Sajan, robgue and 22 others like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly! Harden's game is expanding quickly too. He can execute almost anything at will on the court. That's why there is fear in their hearts too.

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Let the hate flow through them. They are jealous.

15. JBAC123

JBAC123 Member

Cant wait to see that 'feature'

16. Nook

Nook Member

Who gives a ****?

Some players didn’t like Michael Jordan.... Some didn’t like Kobe Bryant... Some didn’t like Wilt Chamberlain.... and right now some don’t like Westbrook.

It is cute that fat boy felt the need to share but it isn’t surprising at all.

sirbaihu, Sajan, Matt78777 and 23 others like this.
  17. Remix

Remix Member

"James gets every call"

So tired of this BS. He gets the occasional call like any other superstar does, but how about you not freaking reach when he puts the ball out, or lunge your entire body towards him when he steps back for a 3.

A lot of these players look like idiots when the whistle blows and they start complaining, then the replay clearly shows a foul.

Sajan, dreamshakin, ZJP3 and 18 others like this.
  18. rocketseagles07

It’s almost ALWAYS laker/GS fan on Twitter that’s for sure. Laker fans hate anybody who’s a threat to Kobe though. That’s why they STILL don’t want bron on their team.

The end of the day most players give him his respect and a lot say he’s the toughest to guard. I just think we as rockets fans are far to obsessed with it. I’ve spent wayyyy too much time defending him on twitter myself

clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

for real, it’s amazing how much they complain after committing clear and obvious fouls on Harden

Harden has these dudes flustered...I remember the last game we played against the Lakers where Hart put his hands behind his back while guarding Harden out on the perimeter...I guess he was trying to prove some stupid point...well, Harden blows by him with ease, and Lance as the help defender reaches in slapping Harden on the arm resulting in an and-1...u tried so hard not commit a foul, but your teammate ended up committing one on Harden anyways

guys can’t stop themselves from reaching or jumping into his landing space

Sajan, adw, WestendMassive and 5 others like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey and Tilman either. They won't get him any help.

Stormy1234, malakas, bmelo and 5 others like this.