1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Islam is Right About Women”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Oct 19, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

yeah yeah..my second cousin was a priest in Lille so I heard all about that.
    Have they banned nuns and monks clothes? If a Burqa is "dangerous" cloth so is a nun dressed all suspicious covered up.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Do you think the burqa/hijab are Islamic. Or do you think the practice is older and pre-dates Islam? Honestly curious.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I have no knowledge on that.
    Considering however how long human civilisation has been developing, I would bet my money that somewhere over the millenia, pre Islamic women were wearing similar clothing.

a la rockets likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Every religion is wrong, but I'm cool with people being religious as long as they don't force it on anyone else. I'm not into whipping during sex, but if you're into it and your partner doesn't mind, more power to you.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I feel like it evolved from other things but I need to read up more. I do know it is largely revisionists who put these restrictive clothing on women. I found this in my own search for info. Interesting take on it which goes with what I knew about it but some of it ... wow...

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Wait, where did I say a burqa was a dangerous cloth ?

Also how does your cousin being a priest in Lille make you an expert on the subject. My sister went to Greece on vacation last year, that doesn’t make me an expert in Greek tourism or economy ?

Regarding the subject, I stand by the fact that we are a secular country and am not fond of any ostensible religious symbols, may it be burqa or the monk/nun robe.

And yes, I am for a catholic background but am agnostic and have lived many years in Muslim countries.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Strawman argument.
    There was a time when men were not allowed to show their nipples. And yes, women are fighting for their right to walk around topless.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Whipping during sex is so wrong. I certainly think many people are pressured to receive whipping and that is just oppressive and wrong. We must ban that, either through laws or our cultural non-acceptance of it. People that loves the act can go live somewhere else.