1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Interesting thing for the league to look at”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I put it on the ESPN broadcast eagerly awaiting a nice JVG game.

As soon as I saw Doris I changed it straight to the Rockets broadcasters.

Reggie, Doris, Hubie. As soon as I see any of their mugs on the commentary it's switching time.

pippendagimp and ryano2009 like this.
  2. Game7

Game7 Member

I watched the whole game in agony on espn. I’m gonna watch it again from the rockets broadcast to cleanse myself.

fckbandwagons, saleem and Bearded13 like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He got a few of those calls towards the end of the game, didn’t he?

BigMaloe, Der Rabbi and Patience like this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What are we talking about her saying?

I heard nothing in context of the game indicating she was ripping Harden.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't agree, DD. She was beyond awful, didn't have an intelligent thing to say the entire game, in my opinion, and she wouldn't shut the F**k up! It was like she thought she had to fill up every single tiny moment when the other cat was pausing to catch his breath. It was exasperating. I don't know if she was biased against the Rockets, though, as much as just generally all around spewing suckage at an enormous rate.

6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

When harden uses his arm to create space, this is something a ton of players do, the way she said it made it seem like the league needs to look into Harden specifically. She didn't make it seem like it was a league wide issue.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

At least they called it correctly twice in the last two minutes of the game.

slothy420 likes this.
  8. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I like her broadcasts. Seems fairly unbiased and very knowledgable. That statement put me off a bit only because it was directed specifically at something harden did rather than point out how it was common throughout the league.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this POS probably cryin in his SLC hotel room b/c MVP beardo shiit all over his commentary in the 4th

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

league needs to look into Harden pushing off...Harden is acting, Harden is flopping...all bits of commentary from the great Doris Burke

BigMaloe, Nook and ryano2009 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

She is so boring, a interesting thing for the league to look at would be to find someone who is more fun and entertaining announcer to replace Doris

Harrisment, BigMaloe, BamBam and 6 others like this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well few things here. We don’t know where she stands on the “push off” issue with other players so you don’t know what context she is saying this in. Did she say specifically Harden is the only player to do this and the league should look at this for rule changes? I did not hear that. She could possibly see the push off as a league wide issue and mentioned “the league has made it easy on offense”. Never did she mention harden is the only player in the league to do this. A lot of folks in this forum are jumping the gun and taking offense to a comment taken out of context and misunderstood. And besides just her opinion sheesh. It wasn’t disrespectful and biased like the idiotic don Maclean who spoke out of conjecture. This is simply her opinion on what an offensive foul is.

BallSoHarden and durvasa like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thank you!

14. JW86

JW86 Member

JVG always says what he thinks are fouls and how he doesn’t understand, but he explains it and does it regardless of the situation. Doris used it on Harden only and didn’t go into it. Just the league needs to look at that. There is the key difference!
    Casuals will take that as we are discussing it: that Harden is this guy who gets away with this all the time. She’s feeding into the bias, that’s the issue, by just stating it without fully explaining.

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

JVG is a coach. He know the rules. Doris is hugely biased against Houston and especially Harden. ESPN hates to see the the Rockets winning.

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s simple. It’s what was said and what was not said, there’s a great assumption here that she is targeting harden. She never said harden is the exception. Not once but many on this board assume. Now if there is criticism on Her commentary then sure it probably needs more in-depth explanation but to assume she is targeting harden is nonsense since that is simply not what she said.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

I’m saying what I explained is the problem, not agreeing with the paranoid anti-Harden crowd here.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doris a big Thunder/Westbrook fan. @DreamShook can attest to this. Enough said.
    Doris wishing she was in OKC today calling their game but it's on TNT.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I'm giving Doris a pass for all that she is human and probably just real thirsty. I think Doris would risk it all for a game worn Lebron jersey. I'm still rewatching the game, but through 3 quarters, she hasn't been bad.

20. Nivos

Nivos Member

You know exactly when they'll start calling it- Against Golden State.
    I wrote about what Utah can do after the 2 bad losses and one thing I suggested as a defensive strategy was to flop whenever Harden does that thing with his forearm on the defender.
    It enough if the refs will call him on 2 of those to get him in foul trouble.
    Im 100% sure that GS would do that. Especially Green.
    We should expect that coming