1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I love how Stephen has grown as a head coach”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 23, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s definitely a little weird to say.

3. RocketsDraftTV

doesnt wanna pay for two coaches, if silas is fired

clos4life, Nook and Caesar like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

He doesn't want to pay for a lot of things when it comes to the roster, everyone saw that already

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I didn't think it was a ringing endorsement. When you're complimenting one of your employees there are multiple ways to do it and he framed it in a way that was positive, but wasn't a huge endorsement either.

He said he "loved how he was growing as a head coach"... not how good, great or inspiring he is as a head coach. He then immediately pivoted to him loving when he gets thrown out of a game and the fire in his belly--how many times did we see that? Once I recall, maybe twice. Then says he's a good X's and O's guy, He then says "I think you're going to see him continue to grow..."

None of this talks about what a great leader he is or why he's the right leader for our young team. Your HC is the key leader/mentor of the team. Pointing to the 1-2 times he saw "fire in his belly" out of 2 seasons is a criticism to me that was disguised as a compliment.

I don't see Silas making it to Year 4. That maybe my wishful thinking, but he just hasn't demonstrated the kind of leadership I believe we need in a HC. Maybe he truly grows this year and I'll eat my words. I hope that's the case, I just don't see it happening.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He went from a 20 game losing streak in his first season down to a 15 game losing streak last year. #progress

FrontRunner and tinman like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Say what you will but I think he has been mandated to tank and has done a remarkable job. If he would not have made some blunder coaching jobs we would not have green and soon to be Top 3 pic.

Careful what yall wish for!

Lets see in the next year or two if we see coaching improvments.

I Love Silas! btw

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trust
    The
    Process

steddinotayto likes this.