1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I would really like to see McGrady taking all the shots that Ariza is taking now.

2. battousai

battousai Member

Why do we want Chris Bosh? Don't you think Scola and Landry isn't good enough? What we are missing is a starter at the SG/SF position.

3. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Guys I have a question. On Wednesday we're playing with the Timberwolves. I've heard Tracy wants to play with the rockets in that game. So will he play? I don't think so because if he was going to play something would've been said by now, i think Tracy's first game of the season will be 11/29 with OKC. I don't know, i'd like to get your opinions on this too.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

my life as a rockets fan would be better if i never see tracy in a rockets uniform again.

my life as a rockets fan would be better still if morey is able to turn his contract into something that actually helps with winning.

5. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Aren't you a little ungrateful right now??

6. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

What do you call Battier/Ariza?

The SG part is understandable but what they really need is a closer...

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Nov 23rd I believe is the Rockets next full scrimmage / practice so that'll be a good starting point. From there on out, he'll have to satisfy RA's concerns that he can run w/o pain, get back on defense, and get his explosiveness back w/o having any setbacks. I'm thinking he'll need multiple full practices before he can prove as much. If everything goes right, I see him playing again either mid Dec or around Xmas.

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

no. i think having tracy mcgrady on this team is detrimental to its success, both in the short term and the long term.

he is more soap opera than basketball player.

9. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Hmm yeah you're right...either way, i hope it goes good, and T-Mac is back on the court strong this season

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, I would like to see McGrady brought off the bench to eat some of the minutes, usually reserved to giving either Ariza or Brooks 40 minutes a game and if he is legit in his health, maybe have him take over Battier's spot in the starting lineup depending on the situation.

But this is Adelman and he usually likes to work only 8 or so players in his usual rotation. I am sure that is the problem because he likes to give his starters their fair share of minutes and McGrady probably hasn't done enough in practice to justify bench one of the other guys when they are doing this good with just chemistry.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Until he wants to "get his." Then we can forget about offensive flow and hustle.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If "moneyball" was so simple, people like you could have made big money like Morey is.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

At one time TMac was my favorite player in the whole league. He may well have been for a time the best player in the league. He is extremely gifted; we have all seen his jaw dropping performances. But, personally, I have grown tired of this "celeb on tour" approach to the game. I feel sad for his physical problems, but I think it is time to end the Tmac\Yao era and develop young players. I don't think he will really help the current team, his style of play does not mesh with the style they are currently playing. For the last two years he has been shooting in the 30% range while taking a large number of shots.

IF he has anything in the tank, I hope the Rockets trade him and move on. Not to be ungrateful, he had some great "individual" performances, but the Rockets never surrounded him with the supporting talent he needed and the end results were always predictably disappointing. Now they have the talent, but I think it is too late.

14. 9495

9495 Member

Tracy is not selfish on the court, he is selfish off the court.
    That said, I think both Adelman and Tracy should act in a professional way. If Tracy is healthy, the management should let him play and figure out ways to utilize him, either to get a few more wins or increase his trade value. If he doesn't play within the team given enough time, then bench him.
    To win games is always important. That's the best experience for young players.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That is the sad part. Whether TMac deserves the hate he gets is up for debate. What makes me wonder is that if we had the Morey-Adelman tandem 4 years earlier, it could have been a completely different situation.

The kind of players they would have brought in would have made some noises with the few healthy stretches Yao-TMac had.

16. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

He's held the team hostage long enough. It's kind of nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

You guys can't be serious. Those that are saying they don't want McGrady on this team. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder. McGrady of last year no. But when healthy and motivated YOU BETTER THINK TWICE.

If you guys really think this team can play the way they are playing all throughout the season then you are going to get your hearts broken. Im sorry. Im just speakin the truth.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That would be good advice for Mr. McGrady the next time he thinks about contacting the likes of Stephen A. Smith.

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well guys wont have to worry about that considering Stephen A. Smith is no longer with ESPN. Wonder who is he going to go to next..... Hmmmmm Keith Jones??

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yes, last years version.