1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale has finally broken the camel's back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pollaxt, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

It was after the third consecutive 20 pt game, Lin was asked why does he ghink be is he playing more consistently now, his answer was probably because he was getting more consistent playing time. As for the huddle, wtf never said he refused to go into the huddle, he is now always standing outside it even when he is playing in the game. That's all.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are making assumptions. Fan fiction based on **** all.

3. SugarLandDream8

Mchale has a losing record as a head coach.

His record is 114 wins 120 loses.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That was your first response to seeing the lead dwindled. Without knowing anything. Now please tell me, the coach is always to blame when a lead is disappearing? Don't act like you're being objective.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch responded with this. Thats not the only case.

6. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I know he left Asik and Lin on the bench. And the killed Orlando in the first three quarters.
    It's not rocket science my friend.

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Clutch you know that the rift was happening long before that episode and feigen would just not highlight it until the news was breaking nationally. Anyway, reality is it surprised a lot of people here on the GARM about how severely broken the relationship between those two were.

1 person likes this.
  8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Say what you will about McHale, but even people over at the spurs board rip into Pop after losses. The same man many on here wish was our coach and consider to be the best in the business. We won the game. There are better teams than us. There are better coaches than McHale. People will always find something to nitpick at on the internet. These are undeniable truths.

9. SugarLandDream8

Mchale does these dumb moves too often.

10. SugarLandDream8

Pop is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport with 4 NBA titles and a heck of a good record.

Mchale has a losing record as a head coach and has done nothing so far in his career as a hc.

Lets not compare the two. Ok

11. figment

figment Member

Do you all never rest? Just stop.

12. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Yea and you keep ignoring all the quotes by both Lin and McHale. Ignorance is bliss.

13. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Just don't think this is nitpicking.
    His coaching tonight was just hideous.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

The issue is not whether we won with 2 core players out, but rather why take the risk for such minute returns? Sure, the bench players learn to play through a crisis, but if we did lose, our playoff spot would be in jeopardy. Further, the bench aren't even core players, and most maybe gone in the next 2 seasons or so. Thus what long-term goal is effectively achieved?

What McHale did was gutsy, no doubt, but foolish as well.

1 person likes this.
  15. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

This ^^^

Now, I am not someone who wants McHale fired or anything, but I just don't agree with some of his methods.

Also, I don't quite understand the folks applauding McHale for "trusting" his bench to clean up their own mess and how it will build their confidence going into the playoffs. What about the starters? What about their confidence or ability to close out games? How many times has this coach benched the starters (a certain controversial PG, and center) for the entire 4th?

16. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Why don't you post anything non Lin related?? and wtf are you making stuff up. Never said Lin disregards the coach, unlike at the start of the season, I just said he now stays away from McHale in the pre game huddle and in most huddles that I have seen even when he is actually in the game.

17. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Well said. People here put too much weight on the win. Yes, a win could bail him out because we got the result we wanted. However, today's game was definitely a good opportunity for us to evaluate Mchale as a head coach. What I saw today was a stubborn Coach who FAIL to make a reasonable decision which a reasonable NBA coach would make in a crucial game time. This is not a one time event. His stubbornness was so obvious in his in-game coaching this season. Sometimes it worked out and sometime it didn't. Personally, I do not like his style. He is not very adaptive to the opponent's change and I believe his HUGE pride from his player time will come back and eventually cost us at some point in the future.

1 person likes this.
  18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I post other stuff all the time, but you only go in Lin fanboy threads so you obviously don't see them :confused:

What I am saying is that I visibly see that he does not avoid anyone in huddles, and you are saying that he does off of what? A TV feed? A hunch? Do you see this at games you're going to? Because I'd like to hear from other ticket holders on their opinion.

19. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

a **** load bull crap. I agree with OP, it's purely vanity, arrogance, pride and stubbornness, had nothing to do with anything else

1 person likes this.
  20. jeddah

jeddah Member

hmmm...double standard are quite a norm in this forum...:(