1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants to be traded and complains about Kings offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 1, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Of the eight teams ESPN.com has confirmed as registering interest in trading for Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins in the past week, in the wake of Cousins' recent one-game suspension, five of them hail from the East.

According to sources close to the situation, they are: Boston, Detroit, Indiana, New Jersey and Washington. (Portland, Houston and Utah are the others.) The Wizards might rank as the most surprising team on that list, given their longstanding non-interest in Cousins and the number of hard-to-harness youngsters already playing in the nation's capital, but perhaps the Wiz couldn't resist exploring the possibility of reuniting John Wall with his college teammate.

Cousins, of course, was widely presumed to be unavailable even before Sacramento fired Paul Westphal on Thursday. The teams out there that like the former Kentucky big man, despite his well-chronicled need to become a much better pro, are aware that Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof are not prepared to give up on Cousins just yet, despite the mixed signals coming from the Maloofs' basketball people.

If/when Sacramento does reach the point of shopping him, there will be no shortage of takers -- no matter what's happened so far -- who believe they'll be able to manage Cousins better than the overmatched Kings. What sort of support system did Sacramento put in place? Why would Kings president Geoff Petrie allow Westphal to release a statement on team letterhead Sunday saying that Cousins was being sent home for demanding a trade ... unless Petrie wanted Westphal to set himself up to be axed and justify the firing at such an unusually early juncture? How can anyone in the organization assail Cousins' professionalism when Petrie's department has made mistake after mistake in recent years to transform the Kings into a lottery fixture and alienate the NBA's most vociferous fan base?[/rquoter]

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This guy would fit unbelievably well with our young core... Reminds me of Harden with his play (I know they don't play anything alike).

But it's a guy you look at that is young, has the size, coordination and skill, but most importantly like Harden, Cousins has no offensive weakness. He's got the mid-range game, he's got the size and athleticism to finish, he rebounds really well, sends back more than one shot a game (at pf that's great), he can slide to the 5, and you can run plays through his solid post game.

Normally I'd say no to guys with issues like his, but with THE big man coach, Mchale, running the show and putting work into this guy I feel like this would be the perfect peice to, not only shore up our weakest position, but to keep our team young and competitive for years... Realistically, if this guy either struggles or has more off-court issues could he be available.. And what would we have to give to get him??

BTW... He JUST turned 22, and would be our first legit candidate to work with The Dream...

3. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

^ why bumped wtf

4. nono

nono Member

Make it happen Morey.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Should I have just started a new thread? :rolleyes:

6. jets fool

jets fool Member

Big Cuzz would love it here in H-Town

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

******* it. I thought some **** was going down.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I don't have a trade idea... I merely bumped a thread that directly relates to a player that many posters are talking about. I'm honestly curious on how people view Demarcus' upside compared with his downside, and whether or not he should legitimately be on our radar. Thread police are out tonight. Good grief...

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If he's being talked about in current threads, why bump an old one? Don't complain about thread police. If no one appreciates your post, that's on you.

11. nono

nono Member

Better than creating a new one.

1 person likes this.
  12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ok back to topic, what do you think we have that Sacramento would want?

I really don't see them want anyone on our roster, and they'd probably trade everyone else (including Tyreke Evans) before they'd begin to think about trading away DeMarcus Cousins.

One player who I do think is really realistic is LaMarcus Aldridge or Josh Smith. Both are playing on rebuilding teams and are in need of a fresh change of scenery to a contender. Being the 2nd option on a team couldn't hurt, too.

13. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

give the kings a tour bus, driver, and royce white....

1 person likes this.
  14. zzpot

zzpot Member

NOW THAt'S FUNNY I tell yah

zzpot.

15. zzpot

zzpot Member

we can give up players!

I'm not sure that this guy is just not garbage in the game of life itself. His play is not great and life is short. He does not know that.

zzpot

16. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

DeMarcus Cousins is a 25 pts, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks guy. Big, strong, and athletic. Natural glass eater, defense keeps improving, had a good postgame entering the draft already and is an excellent passing big man. His shooting percentage is horrible cuz he plays for a dysfunctional franchise that has no playmakers to give him easy looks. And he shoots too many jumpers.

The guy can be a superstar, we need to do everything we can to get him.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Cousins
    Asik

That's the best starting 5 in the West in 2 years. Not only that, Lin is 24, Harden is 23, Cousins is 22. If they all play to their potential, that's a dynasty core right there.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cousins has the talent, but he's a headcase.

We don't need to take that kind of risk anymore.

18. trowa

trowa Member

yeah... he has drama few times a year... thats something to be considered too

19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I like J. Smooth, but he doesn't really have a post game that Mchale is so desperate to have. I do think he'd be the most realistic, and wouldn't complain, but I feel like filling that starting 4 spot would be our final roster move to our starting 5, and I'm not so sure that if you switched out Smith for Patterson that we'd be contenders, and the same goes for Cousins, but he has more potential and youth, but could also fail in this league. Tough call. Aldridge would be great, but Idk why they'd let him go.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

True, Cousins has been a headcase, but there's a difference between headcases like T-Will or Javale McGee who can only scratch the surface of their potential, and a 22 year old big man who averaged 18 and 11 in his second year as a pro.