1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 30, 2010.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Hahahahahhaahh!!!!

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I felt the same way but only

during the national anthem

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah... there was simply no natural flow within the movie. Every scene there seems to be a suspense-type cliche.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Oh and another one of my gripes is the fact that we are supposed to know beforehand Catwoman kicks ass and can take down thugs just like that. Nolan assumes we know about everyone's origin which to me, is kind of lazy and kills it for me. At least with DK, it felt like a true mob story (not necessarily just a superhero story) and it was a film that could stand on its own with depth.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

I think 23 days had passed since he escaped the prison. I think that's enough time to "tidy up"

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He got back on the day the bomb was supposed to go off. He sure showed priorities by stopping off at Wayne Manor first.

7. Yak

Yak Member

Plot summarized:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How do you know he got back that day? That's the day he "reappears," but it's possible he got back before that and took a few days to formulate his plan and track down Selina.

---

What more do you need to know about Catwoman? If you were new to the universe excluding these movies, her first few scenes give you all the information you need. She's a master thief, troubled past, can fight, looking to escape. Do you need to see her learning to fight any more than you need to see how the Joker decided on his costume? No.

As for the bat wing. Well one, yes they needed to introduce something new...to raise the bar. First film brought us the tumbler, the second made way for the chopper. This was a different Batman. Older, out of the game for several years, beat up and deteriorating body. I think he felt he needed something with more firepower to help him. So it only seems natural he'd take to the sky...
    and quite ingenious I might add that he'd hide it away on a rooftop to protect it

Regarding these A to B plot details, everything doesn't need to be spelled out to make sense.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked the movie. I saw it on IMAX.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Joker was way more believable than Catwoman. That's the difference. I can easily imagine a psychotic b*stard doing all of that in the real world.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I saw the movie in true Imax. It was very enjoyable. I would put it a notch below Batman Begins and 2 notches below TDK. There were plotholes, but seriously, you are watching a man fly around in town with a weird never seen before vehicle in a batsuit while fighting some weird masked dude with tubes coming out of his face.

I think I can suspend my disbelief and ignore the plotholes for the sheer entertainment I got out of it. At least it ended the trilogy as well as it could have. (Unlike ME3. Still upset about that)

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And you can't imagine a thief learning to fight?

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Um, could you please spoiler that? :mad:

Just kidding, and awesome summary. I am pumped, plot holes and all. Tonight I can click all of these spoiler tags and join in, after catching the matinee.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Really the plot holes aren't even an issue unless you go to the movies to nitpick every little thing. Just sit back and enjoy.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Tend to agree, if the film and story are done well enough you should be able to just enjoy the experience.

Personally I thought TDKR was great, close to the TDK but not quiet there.

TDKR really did everything bigger in terms of stakes and action, great finale to the series.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

I can't imagine a WOMAN beating up trained grown ass men.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The plot holes didn't bother me so much that the movie was just a huge letdown. The movie just lacked that something special. The ending was terrible, IMO.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Another thing.

Fox and the anonymous board member, and over time who knows how many other people had full knowledge that the bomb was going to go off in a handful of weeks no matter what.

Not ONE of them thought to try to get this information to the outside world? Kinda maybe sorta important info?

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that Nolan was really being rushed on this, especially during the writing, creation of the story and the plot. Or else he was just sick of it and wanted to get it over with.

The studio no doubt knew what Marvel had on their hands with Avengers, and they felt that it was absolutely necessary to have a big-time response in the same season. And it worked, but at what cost?

Put it this way: say both Avengers and Rises come out on Blu-Ray on the same day, but you can only buy one of them. Which one do you buy?

I didn't hate it though, I still liked it, there were plenty of cool things, lots of good stuff. And I will surely buy it and watch it at home.

But dang, it could have been so much better.

19. VanityHalfBlack

I don't buy it either but there is an exception with movies like Underworld/Matrix trilogy/Resident Evil, sucker-punch.... Mission Impossible 4 I did not buy one bit with the girls fighting/ not convincing at all...

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yes I agree it could have been better but I like to think that Nolan had to cut a lot of stuff out because it would have probably been well over 3 hours long so maybe we'll get the extra stuff on the blu ray.

I really loved this movie. To me its TDKR>BB>TDK and they're all really close. I'm not saying TDK is bad but I feel BB and TDKR show more of the emotional side to Bruce Wayne and how his decisions affect everyone around him. And after all this is Bruce Wayne's story.

Don't get me wrong I loved TDK but TDKR was just great to me in the way everything tied together.

I also just ordered The Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy book. Hopefully there are things in there that explain some of the plotholes.