1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Surrogate - 5/10. Interesting to think about but could have been better executed. Seemed a lot of things just werent well developed.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - 6/10. If you're into gorefest and the Texas Chainsaw thing in general...it isnt too bad.

Date Night - 6.5/10. Some decent laughs and it all moves a long pretty well.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hot Tub Time Machine: 6.5/10

don't get me wrong, there was some funny ***** and I laughed a lot, but the whole premise was kind of dumb...and loogle & motlye lue...c'mon...

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Date night - 6/10 - Had some good laughs, Mila Kunis was a big +

4. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I finally watched Pan's Labyrinth after putting it off for almost 4 years now. The original Spanish version without a proper English dubbing kept me away for so long but I finally decided to give it a try. For me, reading subtitles takes away from the visual pleasure of watching a movies as it happens, but still I was able to get through without any issues. In fact the movie was so captivating that I was completely immersed within 15 minutes and never realized I was reading subtitles at all. The movie is stunning and absolutely wonderful. Every actor played their role to perfection. I love the menacing role of the captain, he is just terrific as a monster in human flesh. Overall the movie is one of the best adult-oriented fairy tales ever made. I wish Alice in Wonderland was made in similar style and fashion. Guillermo Del Toro did an excellent job with this movie and I hope to see more of his work in the future. Hellboy and Blade II were good but this really is a notch above them and as good as watching LOTR Trilogy.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Kick Ass-7.5-10

had no idea what it was about going in, totally enjoyed it.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Clash of the Titans- 4/10. Man, that was one terrible movie. Even getting over the fact that it was totally different that the original, it still was a crap movie. Don't understand how it made as much money as it did. It was awful

Date Night-7/10. A few laugh out loud parts and a good movie to watch with a girl.

7. Jacks_Up_3s

Jacks_Up_3s Member

the last movie i saw was inception was incredible you must see that movie :)

8. Jacks_Up_3s

Jacks_Up_3s Member

i would give it 9/10 really good

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rise of the Foot Soldier.

It was an English movie. Reminded me of Good Fellas
    not as kewl . . . well because they are English :D

Pretty violent and decent movie
    I like a good Gangster movie
    6 out 10

Rocket River
    what are some other good English Movies
    I liked a few of the Guy Ritchie films

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Greensburg- 5/10 Decent character development yet really doesn't let you have an emotional tie to Ben Stiller's character due to him being such a di**.

Son of Rambow- 8/10 Horrible title and was the reason I put this movie off my radar but after watching finally have to say it's one of the better movies I've seen of late.

Precious-9/10 Good movie and now know why Monique won Best Supporting Actress. The last scene with her had me so angry of how horrible of a person she was I started to get dizzy and my vision started to get blurred. When you have somebody hate the character so much they almost pass out from anger you know you've done an amazing job.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Green Zone - Pretty good, I enjoyed it. 7/10

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Wow, I just don't understand this.

1 person likes this.
  13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Children of Men - 9/10

Such a fabulous movie. everything about it was so right and I not seen such well done single shot sequences (esp the war sequence). Also, the Orwellian depiction of the future was scary.

14. worzel gummidge

10000 BC

I saw the first 10 or 15 minutes but got too bored so I stopped watching it.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Excellent film, the shot in the woods with Moore is also very impressive

16. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Silk - 5/10 - A love story about a married man who travels to Japan to obtain silkworm eggs during the 1800's and becomes infatuated with a Japanes girl. Interesting at first but it quickly bored me.

Operation Valkyrie - 8/10 - I have always liked Tom Cruise movies and him as an actor. That being said I watched it in bed with the wife and yadda yadda yadda, missed most of the movie. I guess I can't really rate this movie without bieng biased but the overall "experience" was awesome. :grin: (It did have some high tension scenes that I noticed. I might have to see this one again.)

Kick Ass - 8/10 - As everyone already stated. Nice surprising little film. I'm glad they are making a sequel.

Last of the Mohicans - 9/10 - This movie, although made in the early 90's, holds up very well. The ending sequence, combined with the music is one of the most romantic, emotional scenes in cinema. IMO Michael Mann's best work.

Book of Eli - 5/10 - I enjoyed "The Road" much better as a post apocalyptic movie. It had a rehashed plot with a major twist at the end that was more absurd than it was inspiring.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Book of Eli: 8/10

Really enjoyed the fighting, reminded me a little of 300, but it was still pretty cool...story was great and so was the ending...

18. dmc89

dmc89 Member

[​IMG]

Gattaca (1997)

9/10

Excellent sci-fi film in the same vein as Blade Runner which also deals with genetic engineering and its effects on society. Devoid of any major special effects, it opts for a subtle and cerebral discussion of topics like prejudice, superiority (like the Nazis), and determination in the face of all odds. Visually it's amazing so watching it on Blu Ray is a must, however, the score too is incredible. Great performances by Ethan Hawke and Jude Law.

19. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

WOOT HINDI MOVIE. I actually hate these but I'm Indian. I liked Kaal ho naa ho. Btw, the translation is "Tomorrow won't happen"

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

underrated movie

Rocket River