1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ridley Scott Robin Hood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Dec 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ridley will make this a "Robin Hood" to remember.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Even Robin Hood gets a gritty reboot. Not that I mind, I'm actually looking forward to this.

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

new trailer

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="VIgwZgjjFWnPkj" width="425" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIgwZgjjFWnPkj"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIgwZgjjFWnPkj" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="339"></embed></object>

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If it'll bring Bryan Adams out of retirement, then I can't see any downside.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm kinda excited to see this. But why Robin Hood? It would've been more interesting if he tackled the cartoon version Rocket Robin Hood. I mean for a high A class director like Scott, he's been one of the most disappointment director tackling boring movies after movies after the success of Gladiator. Well I did enjoyed the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven but I'm not a fan of historical movies.

It's time for him to lace it up and tackle some cool scifi or a fantasy movie. Enough with this real life or historical drama crap. Hopefully he will be directing the next Alien movie.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Well at least we can get SUPER excited for his next film. Aliens PREQUEL shot (not converted) in 3D as well!! :grin:

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I won't be excited until we officially hear that's it's in productions.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing, but given the previews, it loooks like another gladiator type action film, which I kind of dig...so i'll probably catch it as I like RC's work...however, state of play or whatever it was called w/ Leonardo was crap...

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Keamy is Little John!

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm waiting for Mister Scott to claim that Mister Hood is really a replicant. :mad:

11. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Anyone see this movie?? I was surprised that no one has yet to respond with any reviews... Would like to know as I am on the fence if I should go see it.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Saw it last night and it was meh. A good movie overall, but below expectations for me and from a Ridley Scott film. 3 out of 5 for me.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I really liked it. It certainly breaks from the Robin Hood tradition and feels a lot like Gladiator, but it's really well made movie. It takes some suspension of disbelief:
    Robin taking over a leadership in King John's army so easily, and Maid Marion's leading of the kids, were a little unbelievable. I don't know where it was actually filmed, but it felt like the English were marching to meet the French through the mountains of New Zealand.
    That being said, I think it gives a more interesting story for how Robin becomes an outlaw than any other movie.

14. weslinder

I should add that I think it sets up for a brilliant sequel. It is basically "Robin Hood Begins".

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, that's a good description. I thought it could have been much better myself and the ending felt really rushed for some reason.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good and, like most have said, a nice break from the traditional Robin Hood story.

I will say that as I was watching the movie, it seemed more like a history lesson then an action movie.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was filmed in Whales which makes since with some of the mountains. I haven't seen it though.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Must be some pretty big whales. :)

19. weslinder

Bumped because I rented the DVD from RedBox and rewatched it yesterday. The director's cut is a much longer movie, and explains a lot of the things that weren't explained well in the theatrical version. I rarely find this true, but it makes it a better movie.