1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who attended the Draft Party at D&B?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigboymumu, Jul 1, 2002.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I was there along with Primetime. I did get to meet Novak. Who else was there?

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

I was. Every bit of news footage with me in it either has only my shirt or the back of my head! Cheers to the KTRK boys who managed to immortalize BOTH. :D

3. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

i was there =) and man wasnt it funny to see them boo nachbar since they knew nothin abt him, but THEN when he said he loved Houson fans, they cheered the guy....goooo boki =)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I was there... there's probably footage of me getting trampled by the dancers. ;) I was in the very front and left when the announcement was made, and I had no clue that there was going to be that celebration. I almost got run over in the stampede. I might've talked to a few of you guys without knowing it... I was the guy in the white authentic Francis jersey.

5. FranchiseRules

Me too. Clutch the bear sat next to me, just before they announced drafting Ming Yao, and he drowned everyone near him with confetti!!! I got Moochie, Tierre and Cat's autograph! Oh, yeah..and Clutch the bear's autograph too.:rolleyes:

6. Primetime

Primetime Member

as mumu said, i was there with him. we tried to re-kindle a little bit of the luck we had back in '92 when we proceeded to boo a certain fresh prince of LA in favor of HAROLD MINOR??!! what was i thinking?

bad news though... i personally didn't boo any of our picks, that can't be good.

novak: good talking rox with you and your bud. i told you i'd start posting again.

7. Primetime

Primetime Member

the cat: i was the dude in the fake francis t-shirt

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I was there. I went around asking random people if they were members here. The only person I could find was TheSummit, which was cool, but I was really hoping to meet a bunch of you guys.

9. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Quit prevaricating. That wasn't me.;) LOL

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I was the one with the green shirt that had POLO written across it. I put the letters on myself.:D

11. ClockworkOrange

Hey Cat I think I saw you. I believe there was only one guy there with an authentic white Francis jersey. I was a short stocky bald filipino guy in a plain blue t-shirt and jeans. I was there with a few friends in the upper left corner (one of my friends with me is in a wheelchair). I was on TV! Woohoo! Haha! I had so many flashes in my eyes, I could have sworn I was a movie star.:D

12. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Yeah I met Lynus there, he's a cool guy. I was hoping to meet a bunch of members there but I didnt have much success. I was wearing a red Steve Francis jersey. I got asked about it probably 10 times, I got it off ebay, I have no idea where it came from but it looks sweet. It is the new design only in red, looks better then the white or blue they have now IMO.

I saw The Cat there, I remmber the authentic home uni, looked sweet. Did anyone win anything from the trivia? I scored a draft cap and a t shirt.

13. Bonomaniac

Bonomaniac Member

i was there...when the pick was made for Yao i was standing next to the guy with the big confetti blaster thing. I ended up with 3 shirts heh

14. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

I know the general fan base does not really follow basketball like the clutchcity fans, but geez....booing draft picks is unintelligent and quite frankly bad sportsmanship!!!!

I cannot believe people booed nachbar! this guy has been talked about for weeks and even the casual reader would have seen this guy talked about....50% of those folks there could not even name half of the current roster....but i guess this is what we get when we have the number one pick..