1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers waive Sun Yue

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets > *, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Is he not already super popular in China? I mean, he is from there...

2. txtodd

txtodd Member

Wow that Lakers press release sounds like a "It's not you, it's me" kiss-off.

3. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Really so tell me why the Rockets organization has looked for better options than Brooks if he is so incredible. Why do so many Rockets fans appear to be unhappy with Brooks? Sorry my friend Brooks isn't the answer, and maybe Yue isn't either but I'd like to see him get a shot. Not everyday you get the chance at a skilled 6'8 true point guard with good all around skills.

4. AB#0

AB#0 Member

1. I'd rather start Brooks and Lowry in the back court.
    2. Ariza is almost a guranteed starter, think about the main reason he came here
    3. I don't want Yue

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

:eek: wow...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAH!
    I needed that. The long drive home will be easier now.

7. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

"Stop trolling. GTFO."

How about you grow up and stop sounding like a doosh using GTFO you sound like some dumb highschool chick. Sorry didn't mean to post on here so much even though thats exactly what it is made for, you obviously have nothing better to do and have a huge hard on for Brooks even though he is average, don't worry I'll leave your boyfriend alone.

8. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Sun Yue could be worth a shot. We could give him a non guaranteed contract or 10 day contract and see how he does in the preseason. It sure wouldn't hurt anything since this is may be a throw away year anyway.

I do remember reading about Kobe being impressed by Sun Yue when he first got drafted.

Best case scenario he becomes a chuck hayes-like acquisition and becomes a part of the rotation.

Worse case scenario we waive him, or let his 10 day contract expire.

9. RedRedemption

Lol?

Dude. NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU. I think it's quite clear now that you are not a troll... you are just an absolute moron.

No, I don't love Brooks. He makes mistakes, his IQ is a bit questionable, and he is not a "true point guard".

IMHO, we should have gone after Andre Miller, but it's way too late now. If you are serious about this Sun Yue business, I feel sorry for you.

10. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by giggity12345
    He's a better rebounder, distibutor, and defender than Brooks. Brooks can only score what's the point of keeping him when his value is high and he really isn't that effective besides scoring.

Quote:
    I'd rather see Yue than Brooks because he'll rebound and defend and I like having an imposing team defensively and Brooks is tiny to be honest.

Quote:
    Plus if Yue becomes our starting point guard he will become super popular in China and our team will make tons of money (look at what Yao has done for us) from our Chinese fans with Yue and Yao jerseys.

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAH!
    I needed that. The long drive home will be easier now.

So guessing from the quotes and the bold parts you think that Brooks (5'11) can rebound and defend better than Yue (6'8).....right...makes sense.....I guess......

11. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

why not sign him and trade and package lowry, cook, and barry for a center... lowry is only a back-up he can be replaced... you dont get a lot of 6'9 pg in the nba give him a chance.... wouldn't be surprised if morey signed him..... here's a comment on sun yue from jon feigen.....

(Might be worth looking at with a non-guaranteed deal. I don't think they would give him a guaranteed contract, but someone might. -- Jonathan)

12. RedRedemption

So do you wan't unathletic Yue to get schooled every drive by Chris Paul, Nate Robinson, Steve Nash, and Derrick Rose? Please. Just Stop.

13. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

srry i meant a trade involving a package of lowry cook and barry for a center

14. RedRedemption

That's not going to get us anyone good. :p

15. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Lol?

Dude. NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU. I think it's quite clear now that you are not a troll... you are just an absolute moron.

No, I don't love Brooks. He makes mistakes, his IQ is a bit questionable, and he is not a "true point guard".

IMHO, we should have gone after Andre Miller, but it's way too late now. If you are serious about this Sun Yue business, I feel sorry for you

So what's your reason? Are you a scout and you know something that others don't about Yue? I mean the reason I responded to you was because you took something I said on a meaningless forum so seriously that I figured you were just some d******d who hates his life.

16. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Originally Posted by rocket1710
    srry i meant a trade involving a package of lowry cook and barry for a center

That's not going to get us anyone good.

Dude stop trolling seriously, its gettting ridiculous. Trolling....haha...doosh.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here is what I think: Sun Yue doesn't belong in the NBA. Aaron Brooks does. Does THAT makes sense to you?

Any team needing a 4th string PG should sign up Sun Yue right away because he fits the bill. After all, he filled that role perfectly on the NBA champions Lakers who have a wealth of talent at that position in front of him (NOT!).

To answer your questions: Yes to both, which says a lot about Sun Yue.

18. RedRedemption

You are the moron who can't even quote right. Please just stop.
    And doosh? I believe the correct term is douche.

19. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

damn why u gotta be so harsh 4? were all jus rocket fans here... who the f got up your ass?? your taking things to serious haha a douche thanks man that really hurt :) lmfao all jokes aside though there's no reason for clutchfans to be bashing eachother were only here to talk about the rockets aren't we??

20. RedRedemption

Anybody suggesting we bring Sun Yue to the Rockets is like mutiny. Do they want our team to blow up? :/