1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

timing on trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paul g, Jul 6, 2009.

1. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Hate to beat this to death. Any thoughts on when our big splash may happen? Are deals be held up until to free agent signings this wednesday?

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Really beating a dead horse here.

3. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

You better watch out their going to be some people about to b*tch for making a another trade thread......:D :D

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm timing drive to get IBTL!

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think they are waiting on the free agent signing period to begin and confirm what they have and dont have along with other squads, so I wouldn't be suprised to see them make a major move late this week or early next. TMAC drama could drag on for a while because it will be one of the biggest moves this club will make in the near future.

7. paul g

Whats IBTL please? Who gives a crap lets have a fun with this. What the hell else are we gonna talk about inthe offseason?

8. paul g

Thank you rockets 934 life for answering my question. Well done

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

In before the lock

10. onreego

onreego Member

Late this week would be a little too early, I'd imagine near the end of summer league. It gives Morey a chance to showcase his picks, in case he wants to package them with someone to trade. Theres also a possibility nothing big will happen besides maybe a SnT for pachulia for our trade exception or hopefully cook.

11. logicx

logicx Member

Not sure, but I'm patiently waiting...

Actually checking my blackberry/rss feeds constantly throughout the day...but patiently...

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The 2nd rounders haven't even played yet. At the end of summer league, he can use them as additional assets for trade packages.

13. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Just wondering. Technically, if players can't sign till July 8th, then no S&T can officially happen till then correct? I'm geussing they can always negotiate a S&T deal before then and just not announce it. Can someone shed any light on the situation?

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea you're probably right but il hold out hope because the rooks could help us out this season and if were going young then whats the point of trading them away unless its for a mega-star.

15. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Hard to say. Anytime between now and the trade deadline. :)

16. alleyez281

alleyez281 Member

Wait for it.....

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think they have a lot of options at play. yao ming being uncertain this last week or two for next season or if he will even ever play again. and it impacts everything and what they should do in the future. i think there is a big chance nothing happens and that we just shed salary at next season's trade deadline meaning trade scola and battier for an expiring and picks.

and really tank then get all those draft picks to go along with ariza, brooks , lowry, landry and whatever max player they sign next offseason and go from there. i think that would be a young and upcoming team.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Thats what she said.

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Come on now wtf man quit wasting damn useless thread space on this board. Who the hell knows this question??? Cac Damn..... LOCK THIS CRAP UP PLEASE~!!! :mad:

20. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

You are correct, sir (or madam). However, it's difficult to keep a proposed trade a secret...possible though.