1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 2 = MUST win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Evil Empire, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

A true winner plays every game as if it is a must win, the lakers,boston,orlando,cav's never miss a chance to crush the thunder or clippers by 30 so why should we? It's playoff time now lets crush the blazers by 30 AGAIN

2. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

No letting up! I think that's mind set of team right now. After listening to what Yao had to say after the game. Yao said, "it's still zero to zero".
    We stay focused we sweep, are defense is stout I love it! :p

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I didn't even read the OP, but I know one thing, following the Rockets since 1985. We NEED to win the 1st game at home MORE than the next game. Put yourself in the blazers shoes. You just lost by nearly 30 points in the 1st game of playoffs series. At HOME!!!

Yes, I know every game is important and it would be nice to sweep, BUT everyone, including the blazers know that they were EMBARRASED at home. They HAVE to come back emphatically or else. But as always, I'm more concerned about the Rockets frame of mind. And, in my opinion, with the exception of Yao, I believe (in my opinion), that the Rockets are already looking forward to coming home with a split (Oh Lord, I hope I'm wrong!!).

In the last 4 years, The Rocets are 2-2 in the 3rd game of the 1st round and 0-4 in the 4th game of the 1st round. I know it's kind of early to look forward to but the Rockets still have to keep their minds on protecting home court.

Sh!!!!!!. I always have to play devil's advocate (even with myself). It would be nice to sweep. I want the Rockets to have as much time to prepare for
    the next round as possible. BUt honestly, how many think we're going to sweep??

As important as home court is with us being the 5th seed, I think the Rockets should not forget about the 3rd and 4th games at home. Yes, it's way too early BUT saying the next game is a must win?!?!?!!

Uhhh....I wish I could be more articulate, but I just spent the last 3 hours making a fool of myself at my local Vegas haunt. :)

4. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

I am quite convinced by Jon's off-board beating fronting theory, but have some concern on Yao's getting long rebound, so

When Yao is fronted the shots are not falling, guys plz try find a way to drive to the basket without being blocked.

Let's move on to seal it.

5. duteman

duteman Member

Every game in the playoffs is a must win, and we should treat all of them like that. The problem with rockets i think is they get in the mind where they think 'we can't lose this game'

1 person likes this.
  6. chasingu

chasingu Member

it's the truth ;)

7. 0574_87499213

0574_87499213 Member

no.
    but the rocket is the only team in league history to win the frist two games and lose the seires,twice.

8. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

stay hungry. i will be disappointed if we go back to houston up 2-0.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

don't*

11. dexkk

dexkk Member

Our Starters were great for game 1 but our bench needs to step up. Lowry, Berry, Von Wafer, Landry, Hayes needs to contribute. We can't afford playoff jitters like Head.

1 person likes this.
  12. yaorta

yaorta Member

get'em swept

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I agree completely. I hope the Rockets aren't satisfied with one win in Portland. I want them to continue playing with determination and focus like they did tonight. You can't expect them to shoot that well, but the defense will be consistent.

I like the idea of the Rockets being proactive and coming up with a couple of schemes to deal with fronting. The noticeable one for me was in the third quarter when Battier of all people starting going to the basket. More of that. I think the Rockets have a better chance to deal with fronting in the playoffs because they can get a better read on the opposition and prepare for their tendencies in a way that is not often done in the regular season. If Yao can ever master sealing off these smaller guys who try to front him, watch out NBA.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good point. The Rockets start playing "don't lose the game" instead of trying to win the game step by step.

If our guys can overcome the adjustments most of the time,remain focused and be patient we can win the next game. They must not get satisfied with a split.

15. RocketsBearFan

Aaaah, Irony, my old friend, we meet again.

16. BloodxD1

BloodxD1 Member

Every game is a must win \ we just need to win at home and its will end 4-2.

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

im sorry...but..LOL. Stop hating.

18. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

1. Yao=avoid of FOUL trouble cuz Portland home court;

2. Scola=to Keep High effiency on score and defending ALDRih;

3. Brooks and Artest=Keep calm like gm1 and be Aggreisive.

4. All Rockets= Keep defending power, Battier,Ron,Muto,Scola,etc.

19. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

20. al2hug

al2hug Member

Yes we need more contributions from the bench in the next game because they will make adjustments. If every one stays focus on the team,carries the intensity into the next game right from the start,we will win that game also.

Head? Who's Head!!???
    ..no more "Head" in our team anymore!!!!