1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Scola, Please Stop the Flops

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macalu, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Copter

Copter Rookie

Atleast he is trying. I rarely see mcgrady stepping up to take the charge. That r****ded loser is doing nothing on defense and dares to complain on the others, while he plays a one sided offense only game.

2. lastmanstanding

i'm so tired of the flops. They're only getting called one way so stop doing them already. It results more often than not in a quick transition bucket for utah or a blocking foul.

3. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

ive noticed scola getting too heated in not getting calls that he does some really dumb things ... like double teaming deron at halfcourt while leaving his man to cut to the basket, which leads to a utah score (not necessarily scola's man scoring).

he needs to have no more of those defensive lapses ...

4. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I'm pretty sure that was in the game plan to get the damn ball out of Deron's hands since he was basically the 1 Jazz player scoring at a high % against the rockets. Did you not notice Rafer motioning for Scola to come up and help trap him so he couldn't drive the ball down Rafer's throat for a 3rd time? It seemed to work well near the end of the game, wish they had done it earlier.

5. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Scola is a really a great asset to our team, but i think he needs to bulk up in the summer. He also needs to get a dunk shot! That cat never goes up strong.
    He simply avoids contact when under the basket. Oh and work on those damn freethrows!!!

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's not the reason, he's just going up soft. He's getting right to the rim and blowing it. As a veteran euro ball player i would expect more. Thaddeus Young, a skinny 19 yr. old rookie, is getting 11.5 points on 58%. A beefy strong veteran PF like Scola should do much better than 37%.

Everyone is shooting poorly but his inside presence has been the key to us scoring without yao (well, other than tmac). He is the biggest difference from the regular season and the playoffs. I'm sure denying him was probably the 2nd point of emphasis for the jazz, right after baiting tmac to take jumpers.

7. drich

drich Member

you also forgot to mention that he is also putting himself in foul trouble also when he is doing this. I wish the ref would call blocking foul more not just on scola but all of the players who are doing it. It seems to me that it is more the euro players doing this, but slowly it is rubbing off on the nba as a whole now.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

0 flops so far that i know of. see how much better the defense is.

9. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I don't think we can do anything about his flops, they just look like his natural reaction.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hate to quote myself, but HA! Luis backed me up. :cool:

VIVA SCOLA!!!

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We need to tell him that we're the good guys here. Utah is allowed to get away with it because they are evil, and that's what villains do. We can win but we have to do it the right way, otherwise there's no point.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love the lack of flopping last night...after Battier did the "Flop heat check" they all just played good tough defense.

DD

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

in the 2nd half it seemed like scola finally gave up on the flops and his game went thru the roof. it was great to see. if the refs let both teams play like that then it is advantage us. it was like euroleague officiating letting the teams play and scola flourished in the 2nd half. we need more of that in game 6.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no flopping on my team, i'll take landry getting his tooth knocked out and standing up.

i like scola and in no way implying he is soft, it is probably more a function of where he has played

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Funny that you mention that b/c I remember seeing once that Tracy stepped over to take one, but the ball was passed instead. Typically you won't see him take a charge b/c he's contest the shot with his length. But good job tryin to hate after our team just put a beatin on them...mind you with Tracy playing pretty well.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but he's making plays on both sides of the ball in the post season.