1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm amazed tha M. Murphy gave Rudy a grade F.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Nov 21, 1999.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

How can you say that you are amazed!
    "Coaching: Who knows what's going on? The talent practically screams for one style of play, but the Rockets lean on the old, familiar game. How long will it last? Hmmm . . . how long does Hakeem's contract run? Grade: F." I think that statement is 100% correct. As long as we play this stupid post up offense and don't use our obvious weapons which are: our young, slashing players; Barkley killing the other team with rebounds, as he did against Indiana; and the Center position getting a ton of blocks we are going to continue to get killed. You can see the frustration in Barkley's play, i.e. jacking up threes when we are down late.
    The sooner we become a running team, start blocking out for rebounds, get tough defensively and give up that tired old post up game, the sooner our record will improve.

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited November 21, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited November 21, 1999).]

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

i think it's something called sarcasm

5. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

He's way out of line. F minus is much more accurate.

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

i am still amazed how some people can defend rudy.

how can anyone say he has deserved anything more than an F- ?

i mean, it's a damn shame when you haven't figured out the pick and roll...

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I don't think we give the college, CBA and other scrub players enough credit. Here I was thinking Rudy took a rag-tag team of nobodies to the bronze medal in Greece with his coaching brilliance. With the aforementioned clearly overstate, I think we all need to applaud the wonderful job the SCRUBS did in that tournament.

8. Here's another misconception about Rudy's talents. How he took the world by storm in getting the bronze with CBA players and college players.

Actually consdering the quality of Basketball outside of the US. Thats about where I and I would assume alot of others actually forsaw Rudy's team going. Anywhere from 3-5.

9. Primetime

Primetime Member

How the hell can anyone defend Rudy? 2 rings, the last coming 5 years ago, yet he's still running the same offense as that season. The only way this offense will succeed and make Rudy look good is if Dream goes back to his 35-a-night performances of '94-95 and a couple of shooters step up each night. We shouldn't expect Dream to play like he did 5 years ago and we don't have the shooters from the old days either. So why don't we concentrate on this phenomenon known as DEFENSE. Play your best defensive players in tight situations. Rebound the damn ball and let Francis and Anderson (if he's allowed any PT) to run late in games. They might turn the ball over and we might lose, but last I checked, we haven't exactly been setting the league on fire. Change is good, unless you're Rudy. I'm so freakin frustrated. Out.

------------------
    Rudy must go! Rudy must go! Scarface owes me dinner.

10. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

PRIMETIME!
    Your take is right on the money. I wish Rudy would read the writing on the wall. Even Francis was quoted in S.I. before the season began that tenacious defense would win games for the ROX. Why can't Rudy figure this out and do whatever it tkaes to light a fire under these guys asses and get them to play some decent "D". If he can't do it, we need to find somebody who will.

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.