1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you more Liberal or more Conservative

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019.

?

My ideas are

1. 100% Liberal

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. 100% Conservative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More Liberal

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. More Conservative

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You’re so stupid. Arguing with a racist is tough.

I am calling you out. You are nothing more than a bitter racist.

King1 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I can't hand hold you to the past half year of him doing this shtick. Look at his post history in the D&D and figure it out for yourself if he's sincere or playing a bit.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

why do you hate people just because they are white? Actually, nevermind. A truly evolved person would never hate someone because of their skin color. Your answer will just be underwhelming.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guess you didn't take my advice of trying to be more subtle with your bit.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't remember writing that, but was patting myself on the back when reading it, lol. Status quo for a half-century means longer than I've been alive, and I'm older than average in this country (the average is 38). Harkening back to the days before the perceived abuse of the penumbra of rights means harkening back to a day most Americans never experienced. It means throwing out a half-century of law-making (and law-interpreting), of regulatory work, of industry-building, of family formation, of culture building, of the establishment of social mores. Call it good or bad, but that's ****ing radical. There's nothing conservative about a party that wants to form America into something it isn't.

Outside of partisan labels, conservativism is about slow and predictable change, caution, and consensus. Republicans are routinely trying to force us to make rapid changes (like all abortions will now be illegal in 30 days) that will have unknown results (which laws even apply now? how do I get healthcare for a failed pregnancy? if I do have to have this baby, how will I afford to feed and clothe it?), despite a consensus against change (using the idiosyncrasies of the separation of powers to hold political power greater than what is justified by their number of voters, and then using that power to outlaw abortion despite surveys of the people that find most want to keep the option). Again, maybe it's right, maybe they will be vindicated by history, but it is not conservative.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't think anyone here is saying he's personally privileged as I clearly pointed out. It's a debate tactic on reverse racism the right tries that I know you are familiar with, and have witnessed. It's a play on the whole "well why can they say the N word but I can't" but only "why can they say I'm racist for talking about black people while they can talk about white people, and that's okay". They try to create a perceived flaw in the argument that there are two sets of rules for discussion of race... which sometimes there can be... hence the use of the N word.

Its a Shtick man. I don't think it's worth engaging him further though so I'd encourage everyone to leave the guy alone moving forward. His schtick will work as intended if anyone bows out of having a real discussion on something like white privilege out of fear that they'll be looked at as racist towards white people. THAT is the goal here.

Rashmon, DaDakota and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You are a champion woke defender But that does not make you woke lol

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

is that all you got? Again? Really? You prove my point in each of your posts. Actually 2 points. You’re a racist and you’re not intelligent. As I said before though, they walk hand in hand.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

as in an extreme leftist?

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

now we know how inconsiderate you are lol

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so which race or color you're an activist for?

King1 and Tomstro like this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

so if someone calls out racism toward white people, its a shtick? Can’t get much more racist than that.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lmao. The irony of this is too much.

Tomstro likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

White privilege is a thing, white people have been running this country and keeping brown people and women down, that is just a fact.

It is not racist to say that, it is just factual - it is also not racist to try to equalize it, like the Constitution calls for, all men are created equal - but our laws have not been.

I know it is popular for the Proud Boys/siren call to say....White's are discriminated against - when the truth is that they are not - the laws are meant to equalize things for people that have really been discriminated against.

Racism is real - it is sad - and it is political.

We need to do better.

Ignorance is the real issue........we should all be against that.

DD

Rashmon and VooDooPope like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

again. Any stereotyping of a race of people is racist. Doesn’t matter which race you choose to do this to. Thats all I’m saying. Trying to make it out like I said there were never injustices is just a strawman argument. I even stated in one of my posts that white privilege does exist, for some. Again, stereotyping an entire race of people is racist. Thats all I am fighting here, blatant racism.

If someone said all black people are good at basketball or all asian people can’t drive or all hispanics eat menudo- I would be there to call that **** out. Makes no difference to me. Its not “reverse” racism btw, it’s just racism.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But what you are saying is obvious, clearly some poor white people are going to be like.....WTF????

But the truth is that even they have it better than poor black folks.

Trying to equalize based upon race is a first step towards equalizing everyone based upon economics....which is where the line should be drawn.

DD

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Can’t we all just get along?

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

this is racist. Why would only “poor” white people say that? So any white person that isn’t your definition of “poor” fall under the same umbrella and then the actual “poor” ones all go under another? Ridiculous.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Apparently not.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If someone calls every conversation about race that doesn't equate the African American experience with Anglo Saxon as racist towards White People then yeah... it's a schtick. You are not discriminated against in this country solely based on the fact that you are white. That's just a fact, and you've garnished enough attention this morning with your trolling so we are done here. You are no victim when it comes to race. You are a small fragile and insecure man. I recommend you pull up your bootstraps and be a man for once in yourself instead of a whining baby.

Real live photo of Tomstro this morning taken:

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.