1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am tired of Dream's act. Dream the politician!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigboymumu, Jul 12, 2001.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I know there is another thread on this subject. The more the merrier. If any of the Rockets decision makers are reading this, WE UNDERSTAND. DO NOT PUT UP WITH HIS BULL. ROCKETS HAVE DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR THIS MAN. HE WANTS FAIR VALUE THEN THAT IS FINE. HE DESERVES A LITTLE MORE THAN EWING. DO NOT PAY THIS MAN MORE THAN 3 MILLION. We all know the Rockets made a mistake with Cato. But that does not allow Olajuwon to capitalize on it.

LET HIM GO.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

2. Old School

Old School Member

When it comes to money matters Hakeem is known to be a cold hearted about it. Sorta like Clyde's nice guy public image...not necessarily so behind the scenes.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

3. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Can you guys just relax. All the free agents the Rockets need and want are there and will be gotten. If Hakeem is your problem then you do not have a blasted problem. Just relax and check out the unproven guys tonight and over the next two weeks. The rockets have the money and more players available to them than they can handle. So what is the problem?

------------------

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DearRock -- your post was not dramatic enough. You're trying to kill the soap opera.

------------------
    "I guess that's YOUR theory"

5. Primetime

Primetime Member

BBMM,

I agree the man has gotten all he was owed.. but how many big men are out there? Center is our biggest need and he showed last year he is a good fit with the young players (at least in the 2nd half of the season). I don't think we should drop 8 mil on him, but I'd pay him 4-7 mil. Just look at the jacked NBA market.

BTW, my bad in getting in so late with this thread. I think I still have jet-lag or something.

------------------
    Kobe ain't Jordan, unless you listen to NBC.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Primetime-
    How is the A/C in Taiwan?

You have a valid point but no other playoff caliber team has the cap space to pay Dream. Realistically, he can sign with Miami(not much of a chance to win it all next next year), Spurs (not a real possibility as of now because they have not signed Anderson and Dream's ego will not allow him to come off the bench while Robinson starts), New York(might be a good fit), and perhaps the best team for Dream, the Lakers.
    These teams can all pay him the exception. If Dream wants us too pay him more than the market then that is his ego and he really does not want to be here.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Primetime makes a good point Dream showed us he can still play last year. He in my opinion was our MVP during the playoff run. We are not getting Webber that much is known. So who else is left for us to sign this year? I don't want to overpay for Marc Jackson(he is dirt slow, can't jump and plays no D) nor do I want to overpay for an unproven Nazr Mohamad(ya allah) Dream is the best player we can pick up. We will not lose any of our own FA's if we resign him. Add to that if he signs a one year deal, next year with Walt the Gizzard's contract up and Dreams we will have tons of cap space again.

P.S. Prime how was the trip?

------------------
    "We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Scar-
    He is in Taiwan right now. I doubt he will answer anytime soon. I guess you are talking about the tour of Europe. He has to send you a personal email because Amsterdam was crazy.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

9. TheFreak

bigboymumu -- your attempts to keep this lame ass thread as a hot topic are pathetic. Let the pathetic thread die on its own.

------------------

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

You are kidding right? If I am guilty of anything it would be padding post counts.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

11. Sane

Sane Member

Dream doesn't have an ego, he just demands respect.

Enough Dream bashing or we're gonna suffer the same way Chicago did after the way their organization treated MJ.

Do you honestly think that with the current crop of Centers, the Knicks/Heat/Magic wouldn't sign him to more than 3 frikkin million?

Not to mention that the form he was on at the end of the season, he would've schooled Nazr, Jackson, or Todd Macolough.

They're getting 4.5 million or better this coming season.

Problem is, you thikn he's not worth what he is coz of his age. But when we say someone's old, we mean he can't do what's asked of him. But Haleem can, and he deserves a lot more respect than he's given on this board.

------------------

12. TheFreak

Don't mind me, bigboy m, just goofing off. [​IMG]

------------------